Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Cholesterol metabolism, pancreatic β-cell function and diabetes.Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2019; 1865: 2149-2156
Cholesterol Treatment Trialists (CTT) Collaborators, Kearney PM, Blackwell L, Collins R, Keech A, Simes J, Peto R, Armitage J, Baigent C. Efficacy of cholesterol-lowering therapy in 18,686 people with diabetes in 14 randomised trials of statins: a meta-analysis. Lancet 2008; 371:117–25.
Cholesterol Treatment Trialists (CTT) Collaborators, Baigent C, Blackwell L, Emberson J, Holland LE, Reith C, Bhala N, Peto R, Barnes EH, Keech A, Simes J, Collins R. Efficacy and safety of more intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol: a meta-analysis of data from 170,000 participants in 26 randomised trials. Lancet 2010; 376:1670–81.
- Risk of incident diabetes among patients treated with statins: population based study.BMJ. 2013; 346f2610
- Statins, risk of diabetes, and implications on outcomes in the general population.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1231-2128
- Association of LDL cholesterol, non-HDL cholesterol, and apolipoprotein B levels with risk of cardiovascular events among patients treated with statins: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1302-1309
- Statins and risk of incident diabetes: a collaborative meta-analysis of randomised statin trials.Lancet. 2010; 375: 735-742
- Risk of incident diabetes with intensive-dose compared with moderate-dose statin therapy: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2011; 305: 2556-2564
- Relationship between very low low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations not due to statin therapy and risk of type 2 diabetes: a US-based cross-sectional observational study using electronic health records.PLoS Med. 2018; 15: e1002642
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations and risk of incident diabetes: epidemiological and genetic insights from the Framingham Heart Study.Diabetologia. 2015; 58: 2774-2780
- Statin use and risk of new-onset diabetes: a meta-analysis of observational studies.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017; 27: 396-406
- HMG-coenzyme A reductase inhibition, type 2 diabetes, and bodyweight: evidence from genetic analysis and randomised trials.Lancet. 2015; 385: 351-361
- Variation in PCSK9 and HMGCR and risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2144-2153
- Association between low-density lipoprotein cholesterol-lowering genetic variants and risk of type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1383-1391
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of lower LDL cholesterol and increased type 2 diabetes risk in the UK Biobank.Diabetes. 2020; 69: 2194-2205
Rui Fu 1, Kongyong Cui 1, Jingang Yang 2, et al.; CAMI Registry Investigators; Fasting stress hyperglycemia ratio and in-hospital mortality after acute myocardial infarction in patients with different glucose metabolism status: Results from China acute myocardial infarction registry. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2023 Feb; 196:110241.
Pasquale Mone, Angela Lombardi, Luigi Salemme, Angelo Cioppa, Grigore Popusoi, Fahimeh Varzideh, Antonella Pansini, Stanislovas S. Jankauskas, Imma Forzano, Roberta Avvisato, Xujun Wang, Tullio Tesorio, Gaetano Santulli; Stress Hyperglycemia Drives the Risk of Hospitalization for Chest Pain in Patients With Ischemia and Nonobstructive Coronary Arteries (INOCA). Diabetes Care 1 February 2023; 46 (2): 450–454.
- Plasma HDL-cholesterol and triglycerides, but not LDL-cholesterol, are associated with insulin secretion in non-diabetic subjects.Metabolism. 2017; 69: 33-42
- Low-Density lipoprotein cholesterol is associated with insulin secretion.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2021; 106: 1576-1584
- Omega-3 fatty acids coordinate glucose and lipid metabolism in diabetic patients.Lipids Health Dis. 2022 Mar 25; 21: 31
- EUGENE2 Consortium. Insulin sensitivity, insulin release and GLP-1 levels in subjects with IFG and/or IGT in the EUGENE2 study.Diabetologia. 2008; 51: 502-511
- Sex-differences in insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion in subjects with impaired fasting glucose and impaired glucose tolerance.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2022; 194110185
- Insulin sensitivity, β-cell function, and incretin effect in individuals with elevated 1-h postload plasma glucose levels.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 868-872
- Insulin sensitivity, and β-cell function in relation to hemoglobin A1C.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2014; 24: 27-33
- Evaluation of simple indices of insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion for use in epidemiologic studies.Am J Epidemiol. 2000; 151: 190-198
- Use of the oral glucose tolerance test to assess insulin release and insulin sensitivity.Diabetes Care. 2000; 23: 295-301
American Diabetes Association. 2. Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes: Standards of Care in Diabetes—2023. Diabetes Care 2023;46(Suppl. 1:S19–S40.
- Changes in insulin sensitivity and insulin release in relation to glycemia and glucose tolerance in 6,414 Finnish men.Diabetes. 2009; 58: 1212-1221
Tara M. Wallace, Jonathan C. Levy, David R. Matthews; Use and Abuse of HOMA Modeling. Diabetes Care 1 June 2004; 27 (6): 1487–1495.
- Italian Diabetes, Exercise Study 2 IDES_2 Investigators. Sustained decreases in sedentary time and increases in physical activity are associated with preservation of estimated β-cell function in individuals with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2022 Nov; 193
- The incretin effect in healthy individuals and those with type 2 diabetes: physiology, pathophysiology, and response to therapeutic interventions.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016; 4: 525-536
- The incretin system in healthy humans: The role of GIP and GLP-1.Metabolism. 2019; 96: 46-55