Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
American Diabetes Association. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2021.
- Exercise and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2019; 62: 98-103
- Exercise training modalities in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018; 15: 72
- A systematic review of adherence to diabetes self-care behaviours: Evidence from low- and middle-income countries.J Adv Nurs. 2019; 75: 3374-3389
- Determinants of adherence to lifestyle intervention in adults with obesity: a systematic review.Clin Obes. 2017; 7: 123-135
- Exercise and Diabetes: A Narrative Review.J Foot Ankle Surg Off Publ Am Coll Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 968-974
- Cardiovascular and renal effects of head-out water immersion in man: application of the model in the assessment of volume homeostasis.Circ Res. 1976; 39: 619-628
- Effects of ‘Central Hypervolemia’by Water Immersion on Renin-Aldosterone System and ACTH-Cortisol Axis in Hemodialyzed Patients.Nephron. 1984; 36: 238-241
- Effect of aquatic exercise training on lipids profile and glycaemia: A systematic review.Rev Andal Med Deporte. 2015; 8: 163-170
- Vertical ground reaction force during land- and water-based exercise performed by patients with type 2 diabetes.Med Sport. 2016; : 8
- Glucose control can be similarly improved after aquatic or dry-land aerobic training in patients with type 2 diabetes: A randomized clinical trial.J Sci Med Sport. 2016; 19: 688-693
- Human Physiology in an Aquatic Environment.Compr Physiol. 2015; 5: 1705-1750
- Aquatic exercise for adults with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis.Acta Diabetol. 2017; 54: 895-904
- Effects of 2 Models of Aquatic Exercise Training on Cardiorespiratory Responses of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: The Diabetes and Aquatic Training Study-A Randomized Controlled Trial.J Phys Act Health. 2020; 17: 1091-1099
- Water-based Training Programs Improve Functional Capacity, Cognitive and Hemodynamic Outcomes? The ACTIVE Randomized Clinical Trial.Res Q Exerc Sport. 2022; : 1-11
- Aquatic Training in Upright Position as an Alternative to Improve Blood Pressure in Adults and Elderly: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.Sports Med. 2018; 48: 1727-1737
- Randomized Clinical Trial of Water-Based Aerobic Training in Older Women (WATER Study): Functional Capacity and Quality of Life Outcomes.J Phys Act Health. 2020; : 1-9
- Effects of aquatic exercise on muscle strength in young and elderly adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials.J Strength Cond Res. 26 August 2016; (Publish Ahead of Print Epub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0000000000001595
- The effect of aquatic exercise on physical functioning in the older adult: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Age Ageing. 2016; 45: 594-602
Higgins J, Thomas J, Chandler J, et al. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.2. Cochrane Training, https://training.cochrane.org/handbook/current (2021, accessed 19 September 2021).
Moher D, Liberati A, Tetzlaff J, et al. Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses: The PRISMA Statement, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1000097. (2009, accessed 23 April 2022).
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372n71
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate healthcare interventions: explanation and elaboration.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2700-b
- Validation of a new tool for the assessment of study quality and reporting in exercise training studies: TESTEX.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2015; 13: 9-18
Wallace B, Dahabreh I, Trikalinos T, et al. Closing the gap between methodologists and end-users: R as a computational back-end. American Statical Association.
- Aquatic exercise is effective in improving exercise performance in patients with heart failure and type 2 diabetes mellitus.Evid-Based Complement Altern Med ECAM. 2012; 2012349209
- Aquatic exercise and cardiac autonomic modulation of postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes.Rev Bras Fisiol Exerc. 2020; 19: 82
Conners RT, Morgan DW, Fuller DK, et al. Underwater Treadmill Training, Glycemic Control, and Health-Related Fitness in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes. Int J Aquat Res Educ; 8. Epub ahead of print November 2014. DOI: 10.25035/ijare.08.04.08.
- Impact of Underwater Treadmill Training on Glycemic Control, Blood Lipids, and Health-Related Fitness in Adults With Type 2 Diabetes.Clin Diabetes. 2019; 37: 36-43
- Effects of an aquatic-based exercise program to improve cardiometabolic profile, quality of life, and physical activity levels in men with type 2 diabetes mellitus.PM R. 2015; 7 (quiz 148): 141-148
- Comportamento da glicemia, pressão arterial sistêmica e frequência cardíaca em indivíduos com diabetes mellitus tipo 2 praticantes de fisioterapia aquática.Fisioter Bras. 2015; 16: 256-260
- Changes in Functional Status After Aquatic Exercise in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes and Arthritis: A Pilot Study.Act Adapt Aging. 2019; 43: 65-75
- Effects of water-based versus land-based exercise training on cutaneous microvascular reactivity and c-reactive protein in older women with type 2 diabetes mellitus.J Exerc Physiol Online. 2014; 17: 27-33
- The Effects of Water-based Exercise Training in People with Type 2 Diabetes.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2020; 52: 417-424
- The Relative Efficacy of Land-Based and Water-Based Exercise Training on Macro- and Microvascular Functions in Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.J Aging Phys Act. 2017; 25: 446-452
- Meta-analysis of the effect of structured exercise training on cardiorespiratory fitness in Type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diabetologia. 2003; 46: 1071-1081
- Effects of aerobic training with and without progression on blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes: A systematic review with meta-analyses and meta-regressions.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2021; 171108581
- Effectiveness of resistance exercise compared to aerobic exercise without insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysis.Braz J Phys Ther. 2017; 21: 400-415
- The trials and tribulations of determining HbA1c targets for diabetes mellitus.Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2020; 16: 717-730
- The Legacy Effect in Type 2 Diabetes: Impact of Early Glycemic Control on Future Complications (The Diabetes & Aging Study) |.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 416-426
American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM’s guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013.
- Physical activity advice only or structured exercise training and association with HbA1c levels in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1790-1799
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: an Update.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2018; 20: 1
- Magnitude of vertical ground reaction force during water-based exercises in women with obesity.Sports Biomech. 2021; : 1-14
- Pharmaceutical care-based interventions in type 2 diabetes mellitus : a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Einstein. 2020; 18: eRW4686
- Update on blood pressure goals in diabetes mellitus.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2015; 17: 37
- 2021 European Society of Hypertension practice guidelines for office and out-of-office blood pressure measurement.J Hypertens. 2021; 39: 1293-1302
- 2020 International Society of Hypertension global hypertension practice guidelines.J Hypertens. 2020; 38: 982-1004
- RESISTANCE TRAINING IMPROVES THE BLOOD PRESSURE AND FUNCTIONAL PERFORMANCE OF INDIVIDUALS WITH T2DM.Rev Bras Med Esporte. 2020; 26: 53-57
- Gait speed and survival in older adults.JAMA. 2011; 305: 50-58
- Slow gait speed - an indicator of lower cerebral vasoreactivity in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Front Aging Neurosci. 2014; 6: 135
- Physical Activity, Injurious Falls, and Physical Function in Aging: An Umbrella Review.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2019; 51: 1303-1313
- Effects of Exercise and Aging on Skeletal Muscle.Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2018; 8a029785
- Adiponectin, TNF-α and inflammatory cytokines and risk of type 2 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Cytokine. 2016; 86: 100-109
- Anti-inflammatory effects of exercise: role in diabetes and cardiovascular disease.Eur J Clin Invest. 2017; 47: 600-611
- Physical Exercise on Inflammatory Markers in Type 2 Diabetes Patients: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials.Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017; 2017: 8523728