Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
Economic Costs of Diabetes in the U.S. in 2017. Diabetes Care 2018.
- Trends in cause-specific mortality among adults with and without diagnosed diabetes in the USA: an epidemiological analysis of linked national survey and vital statistics data.Lancet. 2018; 391: 2430-2440
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Statistics Report. 2022. www.cdc.gov/diabetes/data/statistics-report/index.html (accessed February 24 2022).
- Annual incidence and relative risk of diabetes in people with various categories of dysglycemia: a systematic overview and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007; 78: 305-312
- Prediabetes and What It Means: The Epidemiological Evidence.Annu Rev Public Health. 2021; 42: 59-77
- Cardiovascular and renal burdens of prediabetes in the USA: analysis of data from serial cross-sectional surveys, 1988–2014.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2018; 6: 392-403
- Association between prediabetes and risk of all cause mortality and cardiovascular disease: updated meta-analysis.BMJ. 2020; 370m2297
- Long-term sustainability of diabetes prevention approaches: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 1808-1817
- Global Diabetes Prevention Interventions: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis of the Real-World Impact on Incidence, Weight, and Glucose.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 1526-1534
- 10. Cardiovascular Disease and Risk Management: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes—2022.Diabetes Care. 2021; 45: S144-S174
Effect of a long-term behavioural weight loss intervention on nephropathy in overweight or obese adults with type 2 diabetes: a secondary analysis of the Look AHEAD randomised clinical trial. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology 2014; 2(10): 801-9.
- A cascade of care for diabetes in the United States: visualizing the gaps.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 681-689
- Reach and Use of Diabetes Prevention Services in the United States, 2016–2017.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2: e193160
- Screening for Type 2 Diabetes and Dysglycemia.Epidemiol Rev. 2011; 33: 63-87
The Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus. Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes care 2003; 26(suppl_1): s5-s20.
Committee ADAPP. 2. Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes—2022. Diabetes care 2021; 45(Supplement_1): S17-S38.
Screening for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. Annals of internal medicine 2008; 148(11): 846-54.
- Screening for Abnormal Blood Glucose and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation StatementScreening for Abnormal Blood Glucose and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 861-868
US Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. JAMA 2021; 326(8): 736-43.
- National Survey of Primary Care Physicians’ Knowledge, Practices, and Perceptions of Prediabetes.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 2475-2481
- Receipt of Glucose Testing and Performance of Two US Diabetes Screening Guidelines, 2007–2012.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0125249
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: Questionnaires, Datasets, and Related Documentation [survey operations manuals, consent documents, brochures, and interview and exam manuals online]. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes_questionnaires.htm (accessed June 28 2013).
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: laboratory protocol [article online]. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2007-2008/lab_methods_07_08.htm (accessed June 28 2013).
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: a nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 837-845
Standards of medical care in diabetes--2013. Diabetes Care 2013; 36 Suppl 1: S11-66.
- Prognostic Implications of Single-Sample Confirmatory Testing for Undiagnosed Diabetes: A Prospective Cohort Study.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 169: 156-164
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: 2015-2016 Data Documentation, Codebook, and Frequencies: Plasma Fasting Glucose. Updated 2020. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/Nchs/Nhanes/2015-2016/GLU_I.htm (accessed June 2 2022).
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: 2007-2008 Data Documentation, Codebook, and Frequencies: Plasma Fasting Glucose & Insulin. 2010. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/2007-2008/GLU_E.htm (accessed June 2 2022).
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: 2005-2006 Data Documentation, Codebook, and Frequencies: Plasma Fasting Glucose & Insulin. Updated 2016. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/2005-2006/GLU_D.htm (accessed June 2 2022).
- Diabetes management in the age of national health reform.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 1054-1057
- Declines in the Incidence of Diabetes in the U.S.-Real Progress or Artifact?.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1139-1143
- Social Determinants of Health and Diabetes: A Scientific Review.Diabetes Care. 2020;
- Racial and ethnic differences in glycemic control of adults with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1999; 22: 403-408
- Ethnic variation in cardiovascular disease risk factors among children and young adults: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988–1994.JAMA. 1999; 281: 1006-1013
Butler SM, Sheriff N. How poor communication exacerbates health inequities – and what to do about it. 2021. https://www.brookings.edu/research/how-poor-communication-exacerbates-health-inequities-and-what-to-do-about-it/ (accessed May 3 2022).
- Prevalence of Diabetes by Race and Ethnicity in the United States, 2011–2016.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2389-2398
- Screening for Dysglycemia: Connecting Supply and Demand to Slow Growth in Diabetes Incidence.PLoS Med. 2016; 13: e1002084
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Independent experts confirm that diabetes prevention model supported by the Affordable Care Act saves money and improves health. 2016. http://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2016/03/23/independent-experts-confirm-diabetes-prevention-model-supported-affordable-care-act-saves-money.html (accessed August 31 2017).
- The State of Diabetes Prevention Policy in the USA Following the Affordable Care Act.Curr Diab Rep. 2016; 16: 1-12