Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Use of oral corticosteroids in the United Kingdom.QJM. 2000; 93: 105-111
- Systemic glucocorticoid use in Denmark: a population-based prevalence study.BMJ Open. 2017; 7: e015237
- How frequently are bedside glucose levels measured in hospital inpatients on glucocorticoid treatment?.Clin Med. 2014; 14: 327-328
- The high incidence of steroid-induced hyperglycaemia in hospital.Diabetes Res Clin Prac. 2013; 99: 277-280
- Management of endocrine disease: critical review of the evidence underlying management of glucocorticoid-induced hyperglycaemia.Eur J Endocrinol. 2018; 179: R207-R218
- Hyperglycemia induced by glucocorticoids in nondiabetic patients: a meta-analysis.Ann Nutrition Metab. 2014; 65: 324-332
- Incidence and control of steroid-induced hyperglycaemia in hospitalised patients at a tertiary care centre for lung diseases.Pharmacol Rep. 2021; 73: 796-805
- Hyperglycemia: an independent marker of in-hospital mortality in patients with undiagnosed diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 978-982
- Prevalence and clinical outcome of hyperglycemia in the perioperative period in noncardiac surgery.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 1783-1788
- Hyperglycemia-related mortality in critically ill patients varies with admission diagnosis.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 3001-3009
- Elevated admission glucose and mortality in elderly patients hospitalized with heart failure.Circulation. 2009; 119: 1899-1907
- Efficacy of a basal bolus insulin protocol to treat prednisolone-induced hyperglycaemia in hospitalised patients.Int Med J. 2015; 45: 261-266
American Diabetes Association 16. Diabetes care in the hospital: standards of medical care in diabetes—2022. Diabetes Care (Supplement 1). p. S244–53.
Cheung NW, Chipps D, Cornelius S, Depczynski B, Heels K, O’Neal D et al. ADS guidelines for routine glucose control in hospital. https://diabetessociety.com.au/documents/ADSGuidelinesforRoutineGlucoseControlinHospitalFinal2012.pdf.
- Management of hyperglycemia in hospitalized patients in non-critical care setting: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97: 16-38
James JR, Roberts A, Dhatariya K. Joint British Diabetes Societies for Inpatient Care. Management of Hyperglycaemia and Steroid (Glucocorticoid) Therapy Revised June 2022. JBDS_08_Management_of_Hyperglycaemia_and_Steroid_(Glucocorticoid)_Therapy_June_2022.pdf (abcd.care).
- Continuous monitoring of circadian glycemic patterns in patients receiving prednisolone for COPD.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96: 1789-1796
- Twenty-four-hour profiles of plasma glucose, insulin, C-peptide and free fatty acid in subjects with varying degrees of glucose tolerance following short-term, medium-dose prednisone (20 mg/day) treatment: evidence for differing effects on insulin secretion and action.Clin Endocrinol. 2012; 77: 224-232
- Glucocorticoid-induced hyperglycemia.Endocrine Pract. 2009; 15: 469-474
- Treatment of prednisolone-induced hyperglycaemia in hospitalized patients: Insights from a randomized, controlled study.Diabetes Obes Metabol. 2017; 19: 571-578
- Randomized clinical trial of the efficacy and safety of insulin glargine vs. NPH insulin as basal insulin for the treatment of glucocorticoid induced hyperglycemia using continuous glucose monitoring in hospitalized patients with type 2 diabetes and respiratory disease.Diabetes Res Clin Prac. 2015; 110: 158-165
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Outcomes of hospitalized patients with glucocorticoid-induced hyperglycemia—a retrospective analysis.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 4079
- Hypoglycemia and risk of death in critically ill patients.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1108-1118
- Insulin resistance induced by hydrocortisone is increased in patients with abdominal obesity.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metabol. 2006; 291: E995-E1002
- A systematic review of body fat distribution and mortality in older people.Maturitas. 2012; 72: 175-191
- Obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes: sex differences and role of oestrogen receptors.Acta Physiol. 2011; 203: 259-269
- Basal-bolus insulin versus sliding-scale insulin for inpatient glycaemic control: a clinical practice comparison.Med J Aust. 2012; 196: 266-269
- A pragmatic approach to inpatient diabetes management during the COVID-19 pandemic.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020; 105: 3076-3087
- The performance of flash glucose monitoring in critically ill patients with diabetes.Crit Care Resusc. 2017; 19: 167-174
- “Waste not, want not”: determining the optimal priming volume for intravenous insulin infusions.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2006; 8: 598-601