- •New hyperglycemic burden system using four annual health check-ups was developed.
- •Pancreas cancer incidence increased according to sustained hyperglycemic exposure.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Pancreatic cancer epidemiology: understanding the role of lifestyle and inherited risk factors.Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 18: 493-502
- Burden of Pancreatic Cancer: From Epidemiology to Practice.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 19: 876-884
- Middle-aged men with type 2 diabetes as potential candidates for pancreatic cancer screening: a 10-year nationwide population-based cohort study.Acta Diabetol. 2020; 57: 197-202
- Diabetes and Cancer: Cancer Should Be Screened in Routine Diabetes Assessment.Diabetes Metab J. 2019; 43: 733-743
- Fasting serum glucose level and cancer risk in Korean men and women.JAMA. 2005; 293: 194-202
- Risk of malignant neoplasm of the pancreas in relation to diabetes: a population-based study in Taiwan.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 1177-1179
- Diabetes, plasma glucose and incidence of pancreatic cancer: A prospective study of 0.5 million Chinese adults and a meta-analysis of 22 cohort studies.Int J Cancer. 2017; 140: 1781-1788
- The Incremental Risk of Pancreatic Cancer According to Fasting Glucose Levels: Nationwide Population-Based Cohort Study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2019; 104: 4594-4599
- Fasting but not casual blood glucose is associated with pancreatic cancer mortality in Japanese: EPOCH-JAPAN.Cancer Causes Control. 2017; 28: 625-633
- Metabolic Syndrome and the Risk of Thyroid Cancer: A Nationwide Population-Based Cohort Study.Thyroid. 2020; 30: 1496-1504
- Probability of pancreatic cancer following diabetes: a population-based study.Gastroenterology. 2005; 129: 504-511
- Fasting Blood Glucose Levels Provide Estimate of Duration and Progression of Pancreatic Cancer Before Diagnosis.Gastroenterology. 2018; 155: 490-500.e2
- Classification and diagnosis of diabetes: Standards of medical care in diabetes-2021.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: S15-S33
- Prevalence and clinical profile of pancreatic cancer-associated diabetes mellitus.Gastroenterology. 2008; 134: 981-987
- Early prediction of pancreatic cancer from new-onset diabetes: an Associazione Italiana Oncologia Medica (AIOM)/Associazione Medici Diabetologi (AMD)/Società Italiana Endocrinologia (SIE)/Società Italiana Farmacologia (SIF) multidisciplinary consensus position paper.ESMO open. 2021; 6100155
- Visit-to-visit variability of fasting plasma glucose as predictor of ischemic stroke: competing risk analysis in a national cohort of Taiwan Diabetes Study.BMC Med. 2014; 12: 165
- Therapeutic inertia and the legacy of dysglycemia on the microvascular and macrovascular complications of diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 349-351
- The epidemiology of tuberculosis-associated hyperglycemia in individuals newly screened for type 2 diabetes mellitus: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Infect Dis. 2020; 20: 937
- Glucose regulation beyond HbA1c in type 2 diabetes treated with insulin: Real-world evidence from the DIALECT-2 cohort.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 2238-2244
- Glycemic targets: Standards of medical care in diabetes-2021.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: S73-S84
- Using insulin to treat poorly controlled type 2 diabetes in 2020.JAMA. 2020; 323: 2419-2420
- Glycaemic variability in diabetes: clinical and therapeutic implications.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019; 7: 221-230
- Trends in the pervasiveness of type 2 diabetes, impaired fasting glucose and co-morbidities during an 8-year-follow-up of nationwide Korean population.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 46656
- Global estimates of undiagnosed diabetes in adults.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014; 103: 150-160
- Diabetes and pancreatic cancer.Endocr Relat Cancer. 2012; 19: F9-F26
- The influence of diabetes and antidiabetic medications on the risk of pancreatic cancer: a nationwide population-based study in Korea.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 9719