Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Development of a life expectancy table for individuals with type 1 diabetes.Diabetologia. 2021 Oct; 64: 2228-2236
- Diabetes, metabolic disease, and telomere length.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021 Feb; 9: 117-126
IDF 10th diabetes atlas. www.idf.org.
- The future of telomere length in personalized medicine.Front Biosci. 2018; 23: 1628-1654
- Shorter telomeres in adults with Type 1 diabetes correlate with diabetes duration, but only weakly with vascular function and risk factors.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016 Jul; 117: 4-11
Cheng F, Luk AO, Shi M, Huang C, Jiang G, Yang A, et al., Shortened Leukocyte Telomere Length Is Associated With Glycemic Progression in Type 2 Diabetes: A Prospective and Mendelian Randomization Analysis. Diabetes Care. 2022 Mar 1;45(3):701-709.
- Shortened relative leukocyte telomere length is associated with all-cause mortality in type 2 diabetes- analysis from the Hong Kong Diabetes Register.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2021; 173: 108649
Cheng F, Luk AO, Tam CHT, Fan B, Wu H, Yang A, et al. Shortened Relative Leukocyte Telomere Length Is Associated With Prevalent and Incident Cardiovascular Complications in Type 2 Diabetes: Analysis From the Hong Kong Diabetes Register. Diabetes Care. 2020 Sep;43(9):2257-2265.
- Relative leucocyte telomere length is associated with incident end-stage kidney disease and rapid decline of kidney function in type 2 diabetes: analysis from the Hong Kong Diabetes Register.Diabetologia. 2022 Feb; 65: 375-386
- Telomere length and progression of diabetic nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetes.J Intern Med. 2010; 267: 278-286
Syreeni A, Carroll LM, Mutter S, Januszewski AS, Forsblom C, Lehto M, Groop PH, Jenkins AJ; FinnDiane Study Group. Telomeres do not always shorten over time in individuals with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2022 Jun;188:109926.
- Role of telomeres and associated maintenance genes in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A review.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016 Dec; 122: 92-100
- A Mendelian randomization study found causal linkage between telomere attrition and chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2021 Nov; 100: 1063-1070
Gurung RL, Dorajoo R, M Y, Wang L, Liu S, Liu JJ, Shao YM, Chen Y, Sim X, Ang K, Subramaniam T, Tang WE, Sum CF, Liu JJ, Lim SC. Association of leukocyte telomere length with chronic kidney disease in East Asians with type 2 diabetes: a Mendelian randomization study. Clin Kidney J. 2021 Mar 26;14(11):2371-2376.
- Results from the German Chronic Kidney Disease (GCKD) study support association of relative telomere length with mortality in a large cohort of patients with moderate chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2020 Aug; 98: 488-497
- The advancement of telomere quantification methods.Mol Biol Rep. 2021 Jul; 48: 5621-5627
Martínez P, Blasco MA. Telomere-driven diseases and telomere-targeting therapies. J Cell Biol. 20 Apr 3;216(4):875-887.
- Dietary patterns, food groups and telomere length: a systematic review of current studies.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017 Feb; 71: 151-158
- Physical activity and telomere length: Impact of aging and potential mechanisms of action.Oncotarget. 2017 Jul 4; 8: 45008-45019
- Benefits of Metformin in Attenuating the Hallmarks of Aging.Cell Metab. 2020 Jul 7; 32: 15-30