- •NT-proBNP as a single biomarker predicted all-cause death in older adults.
- •In those without diabetes, NT-proBNP discriminated similarly as the PCE variables.
- •In those with diabetes, NT-proBNP discriminated better than the PCE variables.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Natriuretic peptides.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 321-328
- 2017 ACC/AHA/HFSA Focused Update of the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Heart Failure Society of America.Circulation. 2017; 136: e137-e161
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, C-reactive protein, and urinary albumin levels as predictors of mortality and cardiovascular events in older adults.JAMA. 2005; 293: 1609-1616
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide: a powerful predictor of mortality in hypertension.Hypertension. 2011; 57: 702-709
- NT-proBNP Predicts All-Cause Mortality in a Population of Insurance Applicants, Follow-up Analysis and Further Observations.J Insur Med. 2017; 47: 107-113
- Role of B-Type Natriuretic Peptide and N-Terminal Prohormone BNP as Predictors of Cardiovascular Morbidity and Mortality in Patients With a Recent Coronary Event and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6
- NT-proBNP by Itself Predicts Death and Cardiovascular Events in High-Risk Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; : e017462
- Performance of the recommended ESC/EASD cardiovascular risk stratification model in comparison to SCORE and NT-proBNP as a single biomarker for risk prediction in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2021; 20: 34
- NT-proBNP versus routine clinical risk factors as a predictor of cardiovascular events or death in people with dysglycemia - A brief report from the ORIGIN trial.J Diabetes Complications. 2021; 107928
- The ARIC (Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities) Study: JACC Focus Seminar 3/8.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 2939-2959
- Short-term global cardiovascular disease risk prediction in older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 71: 2527-2536
- Comparing the predictive powers of survival models using Harrell's C or Somers’ D.Stata J. 2010; 10: 339-358
Goff DC, Lloyd-Jones DM, Bennett G, Coady S, D́Agostino RB, Gibbons R, et al. 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol 2014; 63(25 Pt B): 2935-59.
- 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: e177-e232
- Predictive Validity of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Pooled Cohort Equations in Predicting All-Cause and Cardiovascular Disease-Specific Mortality in a National Prospective Cohort Study of Adults in the United States.Mayo Clin Proc. 2016; 91: 763-769