Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas, 10th edn. Brussels, Belgium: International Diabetes Federation, 2021.
- Diagnosis and Management of Prediabetes in the Continuum of Hyperglycemia—When do the Risks of Diabetes Begin? A Consensus Statement from the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.Endocrine Practice. 2008; 14: 933-946
- Prediabetes: a high-risk state for diabetes development.Lancet. 2012; 379: 2279-2290
- Prevalence of diabetes recorded in mainland China using 2018 diagnostic criteria from the American Diabetes Association: national cross sectional study.BMJ. 2020; 369m997
- Lifetime risk of developing impaired glucose metabolism and eventual progression from prediabetes to type 2 diabetes: a prospective cohort study.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016; 4: 44-51
- Body size and shape changes and the risk of diabetes in the diabetes prevention program.Diabetes. 2007; 56: 1680-1685
- Cardiovascular mortality, all-cause mortality, and diabetes incidence after lifestyle intervention for people with impaired glucose tolerance in the Da Qing Diabetes Prevention Study: a 23-year follow-up study.The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology. 2014; 2: 474-480
- Sustained reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes by lifestyle intervention: follow-up of the Finnish Diabetes Prevention Study.The Lancet. 2006; 368: 1673-1679
- Effects of changes in obesity and exercise on the development of diabetes and return to normal fasting plasma glucose levels at one-year follow-up in middle-aged subjects with impaired fasting glucose.Environ Health Prev Med. 2001; 6: 127-131
- Impact of weight and weight change on normalization of prediabetes and on persistence of normal glucose tolerance in an older population: the KORA S4/F4 study.International Journal Of Obesity. 2011; 36: 826
- Increases in waist circumference and weight as predictors of type 2 diabetes in individuals with impaired fasting glucose: influence of baseline BMI: data from the DESIR study.Diabetes care. 2010; 33: 1850-1852
- Incident Type 2 diabetes and the effect of early regression to normoglycaemia in a population with impaired glucose regulation.Diabetic Medicine. 2017; 34: 396-404
- Impact of weight gain on the evolution and regression of prediabetes: a quantitative analysis.European Journal Of Clinical Nutrition. 2016; 71: 206
- Reversion from prediabetes to normoglycaemia after weight change in older persons: The KORA F4/FF4 study.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2021; 31: 429-438
- Impact of weight changes on the incidence of diabetes mellitus: a Korean nationwide cohort study.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 3735
- Ethnicity-specific BMI cutoffs for obesity based on type 2 diabetes risk in England: a population-based cohort study.The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology. 2021; 9: 419-426
- Abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue: a favorable adipose depot for diabetes?.Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2018;17:93-.;
Alberti KG, Zimmet PZ. Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.
- Optimal body fat percentage cut-offs for obesity in Chinese adults.Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology. 2012; 39: 393-398
- Optimal waist circumference cutoffs for abdominal obesity in Chinese.Atherosclerosis. 2008; 201: 378-384
- Standards of medical care for type 2 diabetes in China 2019.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2019; 35: e3158
- Annual incidence and relative risk of diabetes in people with various categories of dysglycemia: A systematic overview and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2007; 78: 305-312
- Diabetes Prevention in the Real World: Effectiveness of Pragmatic Lifestyle Interventions for the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes and of the Impact of Adherence to Guideline Recommendations.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: 922
- A systematic review of real-world diabetes prevention programs: learnings from the last 15 years.Implement Sci. 2015;10:172-.;
- Central obesity predicts the worsening of glycemia in southern Chinese.International Journal of Obesity. 2001; 25: 1789-1793
- Combined use of fasting plasma glucose and HbA1c predicts the progression to diabetes in Chinese subjects.Diabetes Care. 2000; 23: 1770
- Change of glycaemic status in Chinese subjects with impaired fasting glycaemia.Diabetic Medicine. 2001; 18: 745-748
Yuan Y, Liu K, Zheng M, et al. Analysis of Changes in Weight, Waist Circumference, or Both, and All-Cause Mortality in Chinese Adults. JAMA Netw Open. 2022;5:e2225876.
- Change in weight and personality in middle-aged and older adults.Psychol Health. 2020; 35: 872-886
- Changing distributions of body size and adiposity with age.Int J Obes (Lond). 2014; 38: 857-864
- Body size and fat distribution as predictors of coronary heart disease among middle-aged and older US men.Am J Epidemiol. 1995; 141: 1117-1127
- Which measures of obesity best predict cardiovascular risk?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 616-619
- The Impact of NAFLD and Waist Circumference Changes on Diabetes Development in Prediabetes Subjects.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 17258
- Fat and protein redistribution with aging: metabolic considerations.European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2000; 54: S48-S53
- Effect of menopausal status on body composition and abdominal fat distribution.International Journal of Obesity. 2000; 24: 226-231
- Body adiposity and type 2 diabetes: increased risk with a high body fat percentage even having a normal BMI.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011; 19: 1439-1444
- Pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes: tracing the reverse route from cure to cause.Diabetologia. 2008; 51: 1781-1789
- The Relationship Between Body Fat Percentage and Body Mass Index in Overweight and Obese Individuals in an Urban African Setting.J Public Health Afr. 2016;7:515-.;
- Relation of weight gain and weight loss on subsequent diabetes risk in overweight adults.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2000; 54: 596-602
Sherwani SI, Khan HA, Ekhzaimy A, et al. Significance of HbA1c Test in Diagnosis and Prognosis of Diabetic Patients. Biomarker Insights. 2016;11:BMI.S38440.
- Reliability and Validity of Commercially Available Low-Cost Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2019; 29: 406-410
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis-part II: utilization in clinical practice.Clin Nutr. 2004; 23: 1430-1453