- •FIAsp and URLi increase time spent in normoglycaemia (70–180 mg/dl) and decrease time spent in hypoglycaemia (<70 mg/dl).
- •FIAsp and URLi show to be more effective for post-prandial glucose control.
- •Unplanned infusion set changes were more frequent with FIAsp and URLi in sensor-augmented pumps systems.
Abbreviations:CGM (Continuous glucoe monitoring), CI (Confidence interval), CSII (Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion), FIAsp (Fast-acting insulin aspart), HbA1c (Glycated haemoglobin), HCLS (Hybrid closed-loop system), IAsp (Insulin aspart), MD (Mean difference), OR (Odds ratio), PPG (Post-prandial glucose), RAIAs (Rapid-acting insulin analogues), RCT (Randomized controlled trial), SAP (Sensor-augmented pump), T1DM (Type 1 diabetes mellitus), TIR (Time in range), URLi (Ultra-rapid lispro)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion vs modern multiple injection regimens in type 1 diabetes: an updated meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Acta Diabetol [Internet]. 2019; 56: 973-980https://doi.org/10.1007/s00592-019-01326-5
NICE. Insulin pump therapy for diabetes Understanding NICE guidance Information for people who use NHS services. Information about NICE technology appraisal guidance [Internet]. 2008;(July 2008). Available from: www.nice.org.uk/aboutguidance.
- A clinical overview of insulin pump therapy for the management of diabetes: Past, present, and future of intensive therapy.Diabetes Spectrum. 2019; 32: 194-204
- The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of rapid-acting insulin analogues and their clinical consequences.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2012 Sep; 14: 780-788
- Production for Human Use. Fiasp, INN-insulin aspart. 2016; 44
- Assessment report Lyumjev.International. 2020; 31https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/lyumjev-previously-liumjev-epar-product-information_en.pdf
US Food and Drug Administration Novo Nordisk. FIASP (insulin aspart) [package insert]. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2019/208751s010s011lbl.pdf.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Eli Lilly and Company. Lyumjev (insulin lispro) [package insert]. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/761109s000lbl.pdf.
- Use of fast-acting insulin aspart in insulin pump therapy in clinical practice.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019 Sep; 21: 2039-2047
Linnebjerg H, LaBell ES, Dellva MA, Lim S, Coutant DE, Leohr J. A new concentratedU-200 formulation ofUltra Rapid Lispro (URLi) demonstrated bioequivalence to URLi U-100. Diabetologia. 2020;63 (SUPPL 1):S326‐.
- A randomized, multicentre trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of fast-acting insulin aspart in continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in adults with type 1 diabetes (ONSET 5).Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019 Apr; 21: 961-967
- Improved postprandial glucose control with ultra rapid lispro versus lispro with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in type 1 diabetes: PRONTO-Pump-2.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2021 Jul; 23: 1552-1561
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.Syst Rev. 2021; 10: 1-11
Rohatgi A. WebPlotDigitizer Pacifica, California, USA 2021; 2021 [07/11/2021]. Version: 4.5. Available from: https://automeris.io/WebPlotDigitizer.
- RoB 2: A revised tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.The BMJ. 2019; 366: 1-8
Page MJ, Higgins JPT, Sterne JAC Chapter 13: Assessing risk of bias due to missing results in synthesis. In: Higgins JPT, Thomas J, Chandler J, Cumpston M, Li T, Page MJ, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.3 (updated February 2022). Cochrane; 2022.
- Methods to estimate the between-study variance and its uncertainty in meta-analysis.Res Synth Methods. 2016; 7: 55-79
- GRADE guidelines: 1. Introduction - GRADE evidence profiles and summary of findings tables.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 383-394
- Investigation of Pump Compatibility of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart in Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes.J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2018 Jan; 12: 145-151
- Fast Acting Insulin Aspart Compared with Insulin Aspart in the Medtronic 670G Hybrid Closed Loop System in Type 1 Diabetes: An Open Label Crossover Study.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021 Apr; 23: 286-292
- Compatibility and Safety of Ultra Rapid Lispro with Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: PRONTO-Pump Study.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021; 23: 41-50
- Hybrid closed-loop glucose control with faster insulin aspart compared with standard insulin aspart in adults with type 1 diabetes: A double-blind, multicentre, multinational, randomized, crossover study.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2021; 23: 1389-1396
- Ultrarapid Lispro Demonstrates Similar Time in Target Range to Lispro with a Hybrid Closed-Loop System.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021; 23: 828-836
- Improved Postprandial Glycemic Control with Faster-Acting Insulin Aspart in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Using Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2017; 19: 25-33
- Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart Use with the MiniMedTM670G System.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021; 23: 1-7
- Ultra-rapid-acting insulins for adults with diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2021; 23: 2395-2401
- Performance of Fast-Acting Aspart Insulin as Compared to Aspart Insulin in Insulin Pump for Managing Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Meta-Analysis.Diabetes Metab J. 2022; : 1-10
- A Pooled Analysis of Clinical Pharmacology Trials Investigating the Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Characteristics of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2017; 56: 551-559
- Ultra Rapid Lispro (URLi) Accelerates Insulin Lispro Absorption and Insulin Action vs Humalog(®) Consistently Across Study Populations: A Pooled Analysis of Pharmacokinetic and Glucodynamic Data.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2021 Nov; 60: 1423-1434
- Impact of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart on Glycemic Control in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Using Intermittent-Scanning Continuous Glucose Monitoring within a Real-World Setting: The GoBolus Study.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021; 23: 203-212
- Glycemic targets: Standards of medical care in diabetes−2021.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: S73-S84
- Insulin Glulisine Compared to Insulin Aspart and to Insulin Lispro Administered by Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2011; 13: 607-614https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2010.0224
- Hybrid Closed-Loop Systems for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes: A Collaborative, Expert Group Position Statement for Clinical Use in Central and Eastern Europe.Diabetes Therapy. 2021; 12: 3107-3135