Abbreviations:AEDD (Asociación Española para el Deporte con Diabetes (Spanish Association for Sports with Diabetes)), AT1D (Active people with type 1 diabetes who practice sports), BMI (Body mass index), CSII (Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion), MID (Multiple insulin doses), PA (physical activity), SD (Standard deviation), TBR (Time below range), TIR (Time in range), T1D (Type 1 diabetes mellitus)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
Encuesta de Hábitos Deportivos en España [Internet]. [cited 2022 Mar 12]. Available from: https://www.culturaydeporte.gob.es/servicios-al-ciudadano/estadisticas/deportes/encuesta-habitos-deportivos-en-espana.html.
- Physical activity level and body composition among adults with type 1 diabetes.Diabet Med J Br Diabet Assoc. 2012 Nov; 29: e402-e408
- What are the health benefits of physical activity in type 1 diabetes mellitus? A literature review.Diabetologia. 2012 Mar; 55: 542-551
- The competitive athlete with type 1 diabetes.Diabetologia. 2020 Aug; 63: 1475-1490
- Patient Perspectives on Managing Type 1 Diabetes During High-Performance Exercise: What Resources Do They Want?.Diabetes Spectr Publ Am Diabetes Assoc. 2019 Feb; 32: 36-45
- Physical Activity, Dietary Patterns, and Glycemic Management in Active Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes: An Online Survey.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Sep 3; 18: 9332
- Gender Differences in Strategies to Prevent Physical Activity-Related Hypoglycemia in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A BETTER Study.Diabetes Care. 2022 Mar 1; 45: e51-e53
Kennedy A, Narendran P, Andrews RC, Daley A, Greenfield SM, EXTOD Group. Attitudes and barriers to exercise in adults with a recent diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: a qualitative study of participants in the Exercise for Type 1 Diabetes (EXTOD) study. BMJ Open. 2018 Jan 24;8(1):e017813.
Informe España 2011 – Informe España [Internet]. [cited 2022 Apr 10]. Available from: https://blogs.comillas.edu/informeespana/informe-espana-2011/.
- A national survey on the efficacy and safety of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with type 1 diabetes in Spain.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018 Mar; 137: 56-63
- Novials A, investigators of the studies SED and SED1. Clinical characteristics and management of type 1 diabetes in Spain. The SED1 study.Endocrinol Diabetes Nutr. 2021 Nov; 68: 642-653
- Post-exercise recovery for the endurance athlete with type 1 diabetes: a consensus statement.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021 May; 9: 304-317
Gargallo-Fernández M, Escalada-San Martín J, Chico-Ballesteros A, Lecumberri-Pascual E, Tejera-Pérez C, Fernández-García JC, et al. Executive summary of the consensus statement of: Clinical recommendations for sport practice in people with diabetes (RECORD Guide). Update 2021. Diabetes Mellitus Area of the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition (SEEN). Endocrinol Diabetes Nutr. 2021 Sep 3;S2530-0164(21)00187-7.
- Flexible insulin therapy with a hybrid regimen of insulin degludec and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion with pump suspension before exercise in physically active adults with type 1 diabetes (FIT Untethered): a single-centre, open-label, proof-of-concept, randomised crossover trial.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2020 Jun; 8: 511-523
- A Comprehensive Review of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Accuracy during Exercise Periods.Sensors. 2021 Jan 12; 21: E479
- Impact of Physical Activity on Glycemic Control and Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-sectional Multicenter Study of 18,028 Patients.Diabetes Care. 2015 Aug; 38: 1536-1543
- Type 1 diabetes and physical activity: An assessment of knowledge and needs in healthcare practitioners.J Diabetes Nurs. 2016; 20: 271-277
- Glucose management for exercise using continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and intermittently scanned CGM (isCGM) systems in type 1 diabetes: position statement of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) and of the International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD) endorsed by JDRF and supported by the American Diabetes Association (ADA).Diabetologia. 2020 Dec; 63: 2501-2520
- Exercise management in type 1 diabetes: a consensus statement.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017; 5: 377-390
- A Brief Review on the Evolution of Technology in Exercise and Sport in Type 1 Diabetes: Past, Present, and Future.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2022; 24: 289-298https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2021.0427