- •Decreased serum sTREM2 in diabetes-related dementia.
- •No decrease in the Aβ42/Aβ40 ratio in diabetes-related dementia.
- •Suggested involvement of a molecular cascade initiated by impaired microglial activation.
- •A new characteristic trajectory of blood biomarkers in diabetes-related dementia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Glucose tolerance status and risk of dementia in the community: the Hisayama study.Neurology. 2011; 77: 1126-1134
- Type 2 diabetes as a risk factor for dementia in women compared with men: a pooled analysis of 2.3 million people comprising more than 100,000 cases of dementia.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 300-307
- Diabetes-related dementia.Adv Exp Med Biol. 2019; 1128: 147-160
- Amyloid and Tau positron emission tomography in suggested diabetesrelated dementia.Curr Alzheimer Res. 2018; 15: 1062-1069
- Classification of clinically diagnosed Alzheimer's disease associated with diabetes based on amyloid and Tau PET results.J Alzheimers Dis. 2019; 71: 261-271
- Heterogeneous expression of the triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-2 on adult murine microglia.J Neurochem. 2002; 83: 1309-1320
- Microglia in Alzheimer's disease: risk factors and inflammation.Front Neurol. 2018; 9: 978
- Potential therapeutic approaches for cerebral amyloid angiopathy and Alzheimer's disease.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21
- TREM2 variants in Alzheimer's disease.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 117-127
- Variant of TREM2 associated with the risk of Alzheimer's disease.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 107-116
- Soluble TREM2: innocent bystander or active player in neurological diseases?.Neurobiol Dis. 2022; 165105630
- TREM2 mutations implicated in neurodegeneration impair cell surface transport and phagocytosis.Sci Transl Med. 2014; 6243ra86
- Identification of soluble TREM-2 in the cerebrospinal fluid and its association with multiple sclerosis and CNS inflammation.Brain. 2008; 131: 3081-3091
- An Alzheimer-associated TREM2 variant occurs at the ADAM cleavage site and affects shedding and phagocytic function.EMBO Mol Med. 2017; 9: 1356-1365
- Cerebrospinal fluid soluble TREM2 in aging and Alzheimer's disease.Alzheimers Res Ther. 2016; 8: 17
- Increased cerebrospinal fluid soluble TREM2 concentration in Alzheimer's disease.Mol Neurodegener. 2016; 11: 3
- Early changes in CSF sTREM2 in dominantly inherited Alzheimer's disease occur after amyloid deposition and neuronal injury.Sci Transl Med. 2016; 8369ra178
- Temporal ordering of inflammatory analytes sTNFR2 and sTREM2 in relation to Alzheimer's disease biomarkers and clinical outcomes.Front Aging Neurosci. 2021; 13676744
- TREM2: a novel potential biomarker of Alzheimer's disease.Biomed Environ Sci. 2021; 34: 719-724
- Serum soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 2 as a biomarker for incident dementia: the Hisayama study.Ann Neurol. 2019; 85: 47-58
- Serum soluble TREM2 is a potential novel biomarker of cognitive impairment in Japanese non-obese patients with diabetes.Diabetes Metab. 2019; 45: 86-89
- Higher serum soluble TREM2 as a potential indicative biomarker for cognitive impairment in inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes without obesity: the DOR-KyotoJ-1.Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2022; 13880148
- Soluble TREM2 in CSF and its association with other biomarkers and cognition in autosomal-dominant Alzheimer's disease: a longitudinal observational study.Lancet Neurol. 2022; 21: 329-341
- Quantification of plasma phosphorylated tau to use as a biomarker for brain Alzheimer pathology: pilot case-control studies including patients with Alzheimer's disease and down syndrome.Mol Neurodegener. 2017; 12: 63
- High performance plasma amyloid-beta biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease.Nature. 2018; 554: 249-254
- Plasma amyloid as prescreener for the earliest Alzheimer pathological changes.Ann Neurol. 2018; 84: 648-658
- Serum neurofilament dynamics predicts neurodegeneration and clinical progression in presymptomatic Alzheimer's disease.Nat Med. 2019; 25: 277-283
- Blood phosphorylated tau 181 as a biomarker for Alzheimer's disease: a diagnostic performance and prediction modelling study using data from four prospective cohorts.Lancet Neurol. 2020; 19: 422-433
- Detecting dementia with the mini-mental state examination in highly educated individuals.Arch Neurol. 2008; 65: 963-967
- Development of the dementia assessment sheet for community-based integrated care system.Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2016; 16: 123-131
- Neuron-specific biomarkers predict hypo- and hyperalgesia in individuals with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.Diabetologia. 2021; 64: 2843-2855
- Medical comorbidities and ethnicity impact plasma Alzheimer's disease biomarkers: important considerations for clinical trials and practice.Alzheimers Dement. 2022;
- Cerebrospinal fluid and plasma biomarker trajectories with increasing amyloid deposition in Alzheimer's disease.EMBO Mol Med. 2019; 11: e11170
- Plasma biomarkers for Alzheimer's Disease in relation to neuropathology and cognitive change.Acta Neuropathol. 2022; 143: 487-503
- Microglia use TAM receptors to detect and engulf amyloid beta plaques.Nat Immunol. 2021; 22: 586-594
- Diabetic phenotype in mouse and humans reduces the number of microglia around beta-amyloid plaques.Mol Neurodegener. 2020; 15: 66
- TREM2 regulates high glucose-induced microglial inflammation via the NLRP3 signaling pathway.Brain Sci. 2021; 11
- The role of microglia and macrophages in CNS homeostasis, autoimmunity, and cancer.J Immunol Res. 2017; 2017: 5150678
- Microglia and macrophages in brain homeostasis and disease.Nat Rev Immunol. 2018; 18: 225-242
- TLR4 activation under lipotoxic conditions leads to synergistic macrophage cell death through a TRIF-dependent pathway.J Immunol. 2013; 190: 1285-1296