- •This is the first clinical trial assessing AHCL system inT1DM during Ramadan fasting.
- •AHCL system improved mean glucose values, glycemic variability and time in ranges.
- •MiniMed™ 780G allows patients to reach all the international targets for T1DM during fasting without compromising safety.
- •Confidence in the system’s performance demonstrated by the high use of the sensor and AHCL Auto Mode seen suggests a promising level of acceptance.
- •AHCL assist in safe fasting with minimal user input not as the current recommendations for open loop insulin pumps.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
The Holy Quran. Surah Al-Baqarah 2:183–185.
- Diabetes and Ramadan: practical guidelines 2021.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2022; 185: 109185
- Recommendations for management of diabetes during Ramadan.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2305-2311
- Recommendations for management of diabetes during Ramadan: update 2010.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 1895-1902
- Diabetes and Ramadan: practical guidelines.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 126: 303-316
- A population-based study of diabetes and its characteristics during the fasting month of Ramadan in 13 countries: results of the epidemiology of diabetes and Ramadan 1422/2001 (EPIDIAR) study.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 2306-2311
- Ramadan fasting in people with type 1 diabetes during COVID-19 pandemic: the DaR Global survey.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2021; 172: 108626
- Blood glucose fluctuation during Ramadan fasting in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: findings of continuous glucose monitoring.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: e162-e163
- Correlation between pre-Ramadan glycemic control and subsequent glucose fuctuation during fasting in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.J Endocrinol Invest. 2017; 40: 741-744
- Flash glucose monitoring system may benefit children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes during fasting at Ramadan.Saudi Med J. 2017; 38: 366-371
- Recommendations for management of diabetes during Ramadan: update 2020, applying the principles of the ADA/EASD consensus.BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2020; 8: e001248
- Insulin pump therapy during Ramadan fasting in type 1 diabetic adolescents.Ann Saudi Med. 2008; 28: 305-306
- Safety of Ramadan fasting in young patients with type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Diabetes Investig. 2019; 10: 1490-1501
- Comparison of insulin pump therapy and multiple daily injections insulin regimen in patients with type 1 diabetes during ramadan fasting.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2017; 19: 349-354
- Effectiveness of the low-glucose suspend feature of insulin pump during fasting during Ramadan in type 1 diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2016; 32: 623-633
- Insulin pumps.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018; 20: S30-S40
- A clinical guide to advanced diabetes devices and closed-loop systems using the CARES paradigm.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2019; 21: 462-469
- New closed-loop insulin systems.Diabetologia. 2021; 64: 1007-1015
- A comparison of two hybrid closed-loop systems in italian children and adults with type 1 diabetes.Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2022; 12: 802419
- Safety and glycemic outcomes during the MiniMed™ advanced hybrid closed-loop system pivotal trial in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2022; 24: 178-189
- Rapid improvement in time in range after the implementation of an advanced hybrid closed-loop system in adolescents and adults with Type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021; 23: 609-615
- Prospective analysis of the impact of commercialized hybrid closed-loop system on glycemic control, glycemic variability, and patient-related outcomes in children and adults: a focus on superiority over predictive low-glucose suspend technology.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2020; 22: 912-919
- Reduced burden of diabetes and improved quality of life: experiences from unrestricted day-and-night hybrid closed-loop use in very young children with type 1 diabetes.Pediatr Diabetes. 2019;
- CONSORT 2010 statement: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 726-732
American Diabetes Association. 2. Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2020. Diabetes Care 2020 ;43:S14-S31.
- New and emerging technologies in type 1 diabetes.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2020; 49: 667-678
- iDCL trial research group. Six-month randomized, multicenter trial of closed-loop control in type 1 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1707-1717
- iDCL Trial Research Group. A randomized trial of closed-loop control in children with type 1 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 836-845
- Validation of time in range as an outcome measure for diabetes clinical trials.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 400-405
- Post-exercise recovery for the endurance athlete with type 1 diabetes: a consensus statement.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021; 9: 304-317
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines: fasting during ramadan by young people with diabetes.Pediatr Diabetes. 2020; 21: 5-17
- Effect of fasting ramadan in diabetes control status - application of extensive diabetes education, serum creatinine with HbA1c statistical ANOVA and regression models to prevent hypoglycemia.Recent Pat Endocr Metab Immune Drug Discov. 2013 Sep; 7: 233-251
- Comparison of continuous glucose monitoring in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Ramadan versus non-Ramadan.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 134: 178-182
- The hybrid closed-loop system: evolution and practical applications.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018 Jun; 20: S216-S223
- Glucose control during Ramadan fasting in a teenager with type 1 diabetes on MiniMed 670G hybrid closed-loop system.Acta Diabetol. 2020; 57: 105-107
- A real-world study of user characteristics, safety and efficacy of opensource closed-loop systems and Medtronic 670G.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2021; 23: 1989-1994
- Improved glycemic outcomes with Medtronic MiniMed advanced hybrid closed-loop delivery: results from a randomized crossover trial comparing automated insulin delivery with predictive low glucose suspend in people with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 969-975
Bekiari E, Kitsios K, Thabit H, Tauschmann M, Athanasiadou E, Karagiannis T, et al. Artificial pancreas treatment for outpatients with type 1 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2018;361:k1310.
de Bock M, Dart J, Hancock M, Smith G, Davis EA, Jones TW. Performance of Medtronic hybrid closed-loop iterations: results from a randomized trial in adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther 2018;20:693–697.
- Feasibility study of a hybrid closed-loop system with automated insulin correction boluses.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2021; 23: 268-276
- Glucose control using a standard versus an enhanced hybrid closed loop system: a randomized crossover study.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2019; 21: 56-58
- Six-month randomized, multicenter trial of closed-loop control in type 1 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1707-1717
- Multicenter trial of a tubeless, on-body automated insulin delivery system with customizable glycemic targets in pediatric and adult participants with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 1630-1640
- Closed-loop insulin delivery in suboptimally controlled type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, 12-week randomised trial.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1321-1329
- A comparison of two hybrid closed-loop systems in adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes (FLAIR): a multicentre, randomised, crossover trial.Lancet. 2021; 397: 208-219
- Glycemic outcomes of Advanced Hybrid Closed Loop system in children and adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes, previously treated with Multiple Daily Injections (MiniMed 780G system in T1D individuals, previously treated with MDI).BMC Endocr Disord. 2022; 22: 80
- Ramadan and diabetes: a narrative review and practice update.Diabetes Ther. 2020; 11: 2477-2520
- Use of automated insulin delivery systems in people with type 1 diabetes fasting during Ramadan: an observational study.J Diabetes Investig. 2022; 13: 647-651
- Six months of hybrid closed loop in the real-world: an evaluation of children and young adults using the 670G system.Pediatr Diabetes. 2020; 21: 310-318
- 10-Day structured initiation protocol from multiple daily injection to hybrid closed-loop system in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Acta Diabetol. 2020; 57: 681-687
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injections in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus who fast during Ramadan: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2019; 151: 265-274