Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Opportunities to improve fluoroquinolone prescribing in the United States for adult ambulatory care visits.Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 67: 134-136
- US outpatient antibiotic prescribing variation according to geography, patient population, and provider specialty in 2011.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 60: 1308-1316
- U.S. outpatient antibiotic prescribing, 2010.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1461-1462
- Fluoroquinolone prescribing in the United States: 1995 to 2002.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 259-268
Determination That TEQUIN (Gatifloxacin) Was Withdrawn From Sale for Reasons of Safety or Effectiveness U.S.F.a.D. Administration, Editor; 2008. p. 52357–58.
- Outpatient gatifloxacin therapy and dysglycemia in older adults.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1352-1361
- Glucose homeostasis abnormalities associated with use of gatifloxacin.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 1269-1276
FDA. FDA reinforces safety information about serious low blood sugar levels and mental health side effects with fluoroquinolone antibiotics; requires label changes. 2018; Available from: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-reinforces-safety-information-about-serious-low-blood-sugar-levels-and-mental-health-side.
- What role do fluoroquinolone antimicrobial agents play in cardiac dysfunction and altered glycemic control?.J Pharm Pract. 2003; 16: 349-360
- Ciprofloxacin and risk of hypolycemia in non-diabetic patients.J Med Case Rep. 2019; 13: 142
- Ciprofloxacin-associated hypoglycemia.Am J Ther. 2019; 26: e717-e718
- Drug interactions of medications commonly used in diabetes.Diabetes Spectrum. 2006; 19: 202-211
- Hypoglycemia in inpatients after gatifloxacin or levofloxacin therapy: nested case-control study.Pharmacotherapy. 2005; 25: 1296-1302
- Effects of gatifloxacin and levofloxacin on rates of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia among elderly hospitalized patients.Pharmacotherapy. 2007; 27: 1498-1505
- Anti-infectives and the risk of severe hypoglycemia in users of glipizide or glyburide.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010; 88: 214-222
Optum. Retrospective database analysis. 2013; Available from: https://www.optum.com/content/dam/optum/resources/productSheets/Retrospective-Database-Analysis.pdf.
- Use of urine testing in outpatients treated for urinary tract infection.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 437-444
- Comparative effectiveness of different oral antibiotics regimens for treatment of urinary tract infection in outpatients: an analysis of national representative claims database.Medicine (Baltimore). 2014; 93: e304https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000000304
- Incidence and management of uncomplicated recurrent urinary tract infections in a national sample of women in the United States.Urology. 2016; 90: 50-55
- Impact of first-line vs second-line antibiotics for the treatment of acute uncomplicated sinusitis.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1849-1856
- Antibiotic therapy and treatment failure in patients hospitalized for acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2035-2042
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- Validation of ICD-9-CM coding algorithm for improved identification of hypoglycemia visits.BMC Endocr Disord. 2008; 8: 4
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivariate Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- Balance diagnostics for comparing the distribution of baseline covariates between treatment groups in propensity-score matched samples.Stat Med. 2009; 28: 3083-3107
National Diabetes Statistics Report 2020. 2020; Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf.
- Antibiotic resistance rates in causative agents of infections in diabetic patients: rising concerns.Exp Rev Anti-Infect Ther. 2013; 11: 411-420