International Diabetes Federation, International Diabetes Federation (IDF) Diabetes Atlas, 9th edition. 2019, International Diabetes Federation.
- Access to insulin: Current challenges and constraints.Health Action International, Amsterdam2015
World Health Organization, Global Report on Diabetes. 2016: Geneva.
World Health Organization, Making Fair Choices on the Path to Universal Health Coverage: Final Report of the WHO Consultative Group on Equity and Universal Health Coverage. 2014: Geneva.
- Nations, Editor. 2006;
- Nations, Editor. 2011;
United Nations General Assembly, Transforming our world: The 2030 agenda for sustainable development. 2015.
Assembly, U.N.G., Political Declaration of the 3rd High-Level Meeting of the General Assembly on the Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases. 2018.
United Nations High-Level Forum on Sustainable Development, Sustainable Development Goals Summit 2012019, United Nations.
- The IDF Life for a Child Program Index of diabetes care for children and youth.Pediatr Diabetes. 2016; 17: 374-384
Life for a Child. Available from: https://lifeforachild.org.
International Diabetes Federation. Available from: https://idf.org.
Health Action International, Addressing the Challenge and Constraints of Insulin Sources and Supply (ACCISS). Available from: https://haiweb.org.
International Alliance for Diabetes Action. Available from: https://www.iadadiabetes.org.
T1 International. Available from: https://www.t1international.com.
Medicins Sans Frontieres. Available from: https://msf.org.uk.
PATH. Available from: https://www.path.org/diabetes/.
- Improving diabetes care in resource-poor countries: Challenges and opportunities.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2013; 1: 268-270
- Documenting and visualising progress towards Universal Health Coverage of insulin and blood glucose test strips for people with diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2019; 157107859
CLAN Child Health. Available from: https://www.clanchildhealth.org.
World Diabetes Foundation. Available from: https://www.worlddiabetesfoundation.org.
NCD Alliance. Available from: https://ncdalliance.org.
NCD Child. Available from: https://www.ncdchild.org.
Fórum DCNTs. Available from: https://www.forumdcnts.org.
Sonia Nabeta Foundation. Available from: https://www.sonianabetafoundation.org.
Insulin for Life. Available from: https://www.insulinforlife.org.
- Epidemiological data of type 1 diabetes mellitus in children in Uzbekistan, 1998–2014.Pediatr Diabetes. 2018; 19: 158-165
International Diabetes Federation, Charter of Rights and Responsibilities of People with Diabetes. 2011.
T1 International, The Type 1 Access Charter.
Caring and Living as Neighbours (CLAN), CLAN Child-Friendly Diabetes Rights Flyer.
- Failing to address access to insulin in its centenary year would be a catastrophic moral failure.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021; 9: 194-196
- Nations, Editor. 1989;
- Nations, Editor. 1979;
- Article. 1965; 5: (iv)
United Nations General Assembly, UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Resolution 61/295. 2006.
United Nations Committee on Economic, S.a.C.R., General Comment No. 14. The Rights to the Highest Available Standard of Health. 22nd Session, April-May 2000. E/C 12/2000/4. 2000.
United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Technical guidance on the application of a human rights-based approach to the implementation of policies and programmes to reduce and eliminate preventable mortality and morbidity of children under 5 years of age. 2014, United Nations.
United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health, The Right of Everyone to the Enjoyment of the Highest Attainable Standard of Physical and Mental Health. Report to the General Assembly, A/61/32006, United Nations.
United Nations Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights, Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health. 2016.
- Promotion of access to essential medicines for non-communicable diseases: practical implications of the UN political declaration.Lancet. 2013; 381: 680-689
- International assistance and cooperation for access to essential medicines.Health Hum Rights. 2010; 12: 73-81
United Nations General Assembly, Universal Declaration of Human Rights. General Assembly Resolution 217A (III), Article 25. , U. Nations, Editor. 1948.
United Nations Global Compact. Available from: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/what-is-gc.
United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health, Human Rights Guidelines for Pharmaceutical Companies in Relation to Access to Medicines. In: The Right of Everyone to the Enjoyment of the Highest Attainable Standard of Physical and Mental Health. Report to the General Assembly, A/61/338. 2008.
United Nations General Assembly, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR), Article 12(1), U. Nations, Editor. 1966.
World Health Assembly, Annex 4: Global action plan for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases 2013–2020. 2013, World Health Organization.
Finlay, S. and K. Armstrong, Indigenous languages must play a role in tackling noncommunicable diseases. 2019, BMJ.
United Nations General Assembly, International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), Article 19(2), U. Nations, Editor. 1966.
- Characteristics of Indigenous primary health care models of service delivery: a scoping review protocol.JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2015; 13: 43-51
- Is access to essential medicines as part of the fulfilment of the right to health enforceable through the courts?.Lancet. 2006; 368: 305-311
- We all have a role to play: Redressing inequities for children living with CAH and other chronic health conditions of childhood in resource-poor settings. Int J Neonatal.Screen. 2020; 6: 76https://doi.org/10.3390/ijns6040076
- Boston Declaration, Diabetes in humanitarian crises: the Boston Declaration.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019; 7: 590-592
Azad Khan, A.Z., Access to insulin is a human right, in Daily Star. 2018: Bangladesh.
Calma, T., Diabetes in Indigenous communities, in International Diabetes Forum. 2006: Melbourne.
- Needless pain: Government failure to provide palliative care for children in Kenya.Human Rights Watch, New York2010
Access to Medicine Foundation. Available from: https://accesstomedicinefoundation.org/publications/2021-access-to-medicine-index
Access Observatory. Available from: https://www.accessobservatory.org/programs.
Forman, L., An elementary consideration of humanity? Linking trade-related intellectual property rights to the human right to health in international law. J World Intellectual Property, 2011. 14: p. 155-173.
Open Society. Available from: www.soros.org.
International Federation of Health and Human Rights Organisations. Available from: www.ifhhro.org.
United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, HIV/AIDS and Human Rights, U. Nations, Editor. 2011.
- Advancing palliative care as a human right.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2009; 38: 767-774