- •Luseogliflozin 2.5 mg was administered once daily for 24 weeks to 30 outpatients with type 2 diabetes.
- •Urinary glucose significantly increased at Week 24.
- •HbA1c and mean blood glucose significantly declined at Week 24.
- •Blood urea nitrogen was significantly increased, and urate significantly decreased.
- •Acyl ghrelin levels remained constant but des-acyl ghrelin increased significantly
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
Cho NH, Shaw JE, Karuranga S, et al. IDF Diabetes Atlas: Global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2017 and projections for 2045. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2018;138:271-281. PMID:29496507. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2018.02.023.
- Introduction: Standards of medical care in diabetes-2019.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: S1-S2https://doi.org/10.2337/dc19-Sint01
Japan Diabetes Clinical Data Management Study Group. Basic accumulated data 2018. http://jddm.jp/data/index-2018/. Accessed January 27, 2020. (in Japanese)
- Empagliflozin, cardiovascular outcomes, and mortality in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2117-2128https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1504720
- Canagliflozin, an SGLT2 inhibitor, attenuates the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in a mouse model of human NASH.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 2362https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-19658-7
- Canagliflozin and renal outcomes in type 2 diabetes and nephropathy.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 2295-2306https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1811744
- The association between the dosage of SGLT2 inhibitor and weight reduction in type 2 diabetes patients: A meta-analysis.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2018; 26: 70-80https://doi.org/10.1002/oby.22066
- Efficacy and safety of luseogliflozin as monotherapy in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study.Curr Med Res Opin. 2014; 30: 1245-1255https://doi.org/10.1185/03007995.2014.912983
- Ghrelin is a growth-hormone-releasing acylated peptide from stomach.Nature. 1999; 402: 656-660https://doi.org/10.1038/45230
- Ghrelin, a novel growth hormone-releasing acylated peptide, is synthesized in a distinct endocrine cell type in the gastrointestinal tracts of rats and humans.Endocrinology. 2000; 141: 4255-4261https://doi.org/10.1210/endo.141.11.7757
- Ghrelin is an appetite-stimulatory signal from stomach with structural resemblance to motilin.Gastroenterology. 2001; 120: 337-345https://doi.org/10.1053/gast.2001.22158
- A role for ghrelin in the central regulation of feeding.Nature. 2001; 409: 194-198https://doi.org/10.1038/35051587
- Ghrelin and desacyl ghrelin: two major forms of rat ghrelin peptide in gastrointestinal tissue.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000; 279: 909-913
- Ghrelin and des-acyl ghrelin inhibit cell death in cardiomyocytes and endothelial cells through ERK1/2 and PI 3-kinase/AKT.J Cell Biol. 2002; 159: 1029-1037
- Cardiac effects of ghrelin and its endogenous derivatives des-octanoyl ghrelin and des-Gln14-ghrelin.Eur J Pharmacol. 2003; 476: 87-95
- Identification, characterization, and biological activity of specific receptors for natural (ghrelin) and synthetic growth hormone secretagogues and analogs in human breast carcinomas and cell lines.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 86: 1738-1745
- Stomach regulates energy balance via acylated ghrelin and desacyl ghrelin.Gut. 2005; 54: 18-24
- Concurrent use of teneligliptin and canagliflozin improves glycemic control with beneficial effects on plasma glucagon and glucagon-like peptide-1: A single-arm study.Diabetes Ther. 2019; 10: 1835-1846https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-019-0666-7
- Effects of ipragliflozin on glycemic control, appetite and its related hormones: A prospective, multicenter, open-label study (SOAR-KOBE Study).J Diabetes Investig. 2019; 10: 1254-1261https://doi.org/10.1111/jdi.13015
- Insulin secretion capacity in the development from normal glucose tolerance to type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2004; 66: S37-S43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2003.11.024
- The SGLT2 inhibitor dapagliflozin reduces liver fat but does not affect tissue insulin sensitivity: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study with 8-week treatment in type 2 diabetes patients.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 931-937https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-1569
- Sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor-induced changes in body composition and simultaneous changes in metabolic profile: 52-week prospective LIGHT (Luseogliflozin: the Components of Weight Loss in Japanese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus) Study.J Diabetes Investig. 2019; 10: 108-117https://doi.org/10.1111/jdi.12851
- Dapagliflozin significantly reduced liver fat accumulation associated with a decrease in abdominal subcutaneous fat in patients with inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018; 142: 254-263https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2018.05.017
- SGLT2-inhibitor and DPP-4 inhibitor improve brain function via attenuating mitochondrial dysfunction, insulin resistance, inflammation, and apoptosis in HFD-induced obese rats.Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017; 333: 43-50https://doi.org/10.1016/j.taap.2017.08.005
- Emerging roles of SGLT2 inhibitors in obesity and insulin resistance: Focus on fat browning and macrophage polarization.Adipocyte. 2018; 7: 121-128https://doi.org/10.1080/21623945.2017
Seino Y, Inagaki N, Heneda M, et al. Efficacy and safety of luseogliflozin added to various oral antidiabetic drugs in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Investig. 2015 Jul; 6(4): 443-453.30.
- A comparison of effects of DPP-4 inhibitor and SGLT2 inhibitor on lipid profile in patients with type 2 diabetes.Lipids Health Dis. 2017; 16: 58https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-017-0443-4
- Efficacy and safety of tofogliflozin on 24-h glucose profile based on continuous glucose monitoring: Crossover study of sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2019; 21: 385-392https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2019.0099
- Effects of dapagliflozin on 24-hour glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes: A randomized controlled trial.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018; 20: 715-724https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2018.0052