- •Spexin is a neuropeptide, with regulatory role in obesity and its co-morbiditie.
- •Spexin appears to have a positive impact on overall metabolic status in adolescents.
- •spexin, may have a positive impact on adipose tissue and adipose tissue metabolism.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Serum levels of spexin and kisspeptin negatively correlate with obesity and insulin resistance in women.Physiol Res. 2018; 67: 45-56
- Decreased Circulating Levels of Spexin in Obese Children.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016; 101: 2931-2936
- Relationship of circulating spexin with markers of cardiovascular disease: a pilot study in adolescents with obesity.Pediatr Obes. 2018; 13: 374-380
- Spexin is a novel human peptide that reduces adipocyte uptake of long chain fatty acids and causes weight loss in rodents with diet-induced obesity.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014; 22: 1643-1652
- Obesity as the main risk factor for metabolic syndrome in children.Front Endocrinol. 2019; 10: 568
- Childhood obesity and the metabolic syndrome.Pediatric Clinics. 2019; 66: 31-43
- Trends in Obesity Prevalence Among Children and Adolescents in the United States, 1988–1994 Through 2013–2014.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2292-2299
Li, C., et al., Prevalence of pre-diabetes and its association with clustering of cardiometabolic risk factors and hyperinsulinemia among U.S. adolescents: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005-2006. Diabetes Care, 2009. 32(2): p. 342-7.
- Prevalence of type 1 and type 2 diabetes among children and adolescents from 2001 to 2009.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1778-1786
- Trends in metabolic syndrome severity and lifestyle factors among adolescents.Pediatrics. 2016; 137
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in children: a systematic review of the literature.Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2013; 11: 71-80
- A systematic review on the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Iranian children and adolescents.J Res Med Sci. 2016; 21: 90
- Circulating spexin decreased and negatively correlated with systemic insulin sensitivity and pancreatic β cell function in obese children.Ann Nutr Metab. 2019; 74: 125-131
- Different spexin level in obese vs normal weight children and its relationship with obesity related risk factors.Nutrit Metabol Cardiovas Dis. 2020; 30: 674-682
- Prevalence of a metabolic syndrome phenotype in adolescents: findings from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988–1994.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2003; 157: 821-827
Kuczmarski, R.J., et al., 2000 CDC Growth Charts for the United States: methods and development. Vital Health Stat 11, 2002(246): p. 1-190.
- Energy costs of exercise and sport.in: Maughan R.G. Nutrition in sport. Blackwell Science Ltd, Oxford, UK2000: 53-72
- Reliability and Validity of the Modifiable Activity Questionnaire for an Iranian Urban Adolescent Population.Int J Prev Med. 2015; 6
- Validation of depression anxiety and stress scale (DASS-21) for an Iranian population.Iranian Psycholog. 2005; 4: 299-313
- Reproducibility, power and validity of visual analogue scales in assessment of appetite sensations in single test meal studies.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2000; 24: 38-48
- Variations in pattern of pubertal changes in girls.Arch Dis Child. 1969; 44: 291-303
- Variations in the pattern of pubertal changes in boys.Arch Dis Child. 1970; 45: 13-23
- Homeostasis model assessment: insulin resistance and beta-cell function from fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations in man.Diabetologia. 1985; 28: 412-419
- Insulin resistance syndrome in children.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004; 89: 2526-2539
- Insulin resistance in obese children and adolescents: HOMA-IR cut-off levels in the prepubertal and pubertal periods.J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2010; 2: 100-106
- First reference curves of waist and hip circumferences in an Asian population of youths: CASPIAN study.J Trop Pediatr. 2007; 53: 158-164
The fourth report on the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure in children and adolescents. Pediatrics, 2004. 114(2 Suppl 4th Report): p. 555-76.
- Follow-up report on the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus.Diabet Care. 2003; 26: 3160-3167
- Reproducibility and relative validity of food group intake in a food frequency questionnaire developed for the Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study.J Epidemiol. 2010; 20: 150-158
- Reliability, comparative validity and stability of dietary patterns derived from an FFQ in the Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study.Br J Nutr. 2012; 108: 1109-1117
- Indirect calorimetry: a practical guide for clinicians.Nutrit Clin Pract. 2007; 22: 377-388
- Comparing serum concentration of spexin among patients with metabolic syndrome, healthy overweight/obese, and normal-weight individuals.Med J Islam Repub Iran. 2019; 33: 93
- Spexin Levels Are Associated with Metabolic Syndrome Components.Dis Markers. 2018; 2018: 1679690
- Decreased spexin levels in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.Med Principles Pract. 2018; 27: 549-554
- Regulation of Hepatocellular Fatty Acid Uptake in Mouse Models of Fatty Liver Disease with and without Functional Leptin Signaling: Roles of NfKB and SREBP-1C and the Effects of Spexin.Semin Liver Dis. 2016; 36: 360-372
- Effect of obesity and type 2 diabetes, and glucose ingestion on circulating spexin concentration in adolescents.Pediatr Diabet. 2018; 19: 212-216
- Coevolution of the spexin/galanin/kisspeptin family: Spexin activates galanin receptor type II and III.Endocrinology. 2014; 155: 1864-1873
- Positive correlation of galanin with glucose in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 759-760
- Galanin peptide family as a modulating target for contribution to metabolic syndrome.Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012; 179: 115-120
- The potential antidepressant and antidiabetic effects of galanin system.Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2014; 120: 82-87
- Galanin antagonist increases insulin resistance by reducing glucose transporter 4 effect in adipocytes of rats.Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011; 173: 159-163
- Metabolic syndrome—a new world-wide definition. A consensus statement from the international diabetes federation.Diabet Med. 2006; 23: 469-480
- GAL3 receptor KO mice exhibit an anxiety-like phenotype.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014; 111: 7138-7143
- Spexin: A novel regulator of adipogenesis and fat tissue metabolism.Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2018; 1863: 1228-1236
- Goldfish spexin: solution structure and novel function as a satiety factor in feeding control.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 305: E348-E366
- Spexin peptide is expressed in human endocrine and epithelial tissues and reduced after glucose load in type 2 diabetes.Peptides. 2015; 71: 232-239
- Associations of Spexin and cardiometabolic parameters among women with and without gestational diabetes mellitus.Saudi J Biol Sci. 2018; 25: 710-714
- Peptides derived from the prohormone proNPQ/spexin are potent central modulators of cardiovascular and renal function and nociception.Faseb J. 2012; 26: 947-954