WHO. Noncommunicable diseases country profiles 2018. 2018. https://doi.org/16/j.jad.2010.09.007.
International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas 7th Edition Brussels, Belgium. IdfOrg, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1289/image.ehp.v119.i03.
- Cost of diabetic care in India: An inequitable picture.Diabetes Metab Syndr Clin Res Rev. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2017.11.007
- Prevalence of diabetes and prediabetes (impaired fasting glucose and/or impaired glucose tolerance) in urban and rural India: Phase i results of the Indian Council of Medical Research-INdia DIABetes (ICMR-INDIAB) study.Diabetologia. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-011-2291-5
- Diabetes-free life in India: Application of survival function analysis.J Soc Heal Diabetes. 2018; 06: 048-55https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0038-1676192
- Factors associated with BMI, underweight, overweight, and obesity among adults in a population of rural south India: A crosssectional study.BMC Obes. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1186/S40608-016-0091-7
- Globalization of diabetes: The role of diet, lifestyle, and genes.Diabetes Care. 2011; https://doi.org/10.2337/dc11-0442
- Rural diabetes prevalence quintuples over twenty-five years in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012; 96: 271-285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2011.12.001
Census of India. Census of India 2011 META DATA. Off Regist Gen Census Comm India, 2011. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2010.193276.
- Educational Status of Tribals of Jammu & Kashmir: A Case of Gujjars and Bakarwals.Int J Soc Sci. 2014; https://doi.org/10.5958/2321-5771.2014.00004.0
- Burden of diabetes mellitus and prediabetes in tribal population of India: A systematic review.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013; 102: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2013.06.011
- Association between BMI, Blood Pressure, and Age: Study among Tangkhul Naga Tribal Males of Northeast India.J Anthropol. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/748147
- burden & pattern of illnesses among the tribal communities in central India : A report from a community health programme.Indian J Med Res. 2015; https://doi.org/10.4103/0971-5916.159582
Nirmala P. Comparative Study of Prevalence of type-2 Diabetes Mellitus in Various Demographic Regions of Andhra Pradesh, India: A Population-Based Study. Int J MCH AIDS, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21106/ijma.91.
- Increasing urbanisation in tribal states of northeast India: implications for the prevalence of chronic diseases.Tribes Tribals. 2008; 2
Ahmad J, Masoodi A, Ashraf M, Rashid R, Ahmad R, Ahmad A, et al. Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and its associated risk factors in age group of 20 years and above in Kashmir, India. vol. 0. 2011.
Hussain Dar I, Hussain Dar S, Bhat RA, Kamili A, Rashid Mir S. Prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus and its risk factors in the age group 40 years and above in the Kashmir valley of the Indian subcontinent. vol. 16. 2015.
- Oral glucose tolerance test significantly impacts the prevalence of abnormal glucose tolerance among Indian women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Lessons from a large database of two tertiary care centers on the Indian subcontinent.Fertil Steril. 2016; 105 (194-201.e3)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.09.005
- Thiamine responsive megaloblastic anemia syndrome associated with patent ductus arteriosus: First case report from Kashmir Valley of the Indian subcontinent.Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012; https://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210.98033
- Current developments in Wolfram syndrome.J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1515/JPEM.2009.22.1.3
Pandey VK, Aggarwal P, Kakkar R. Modified BG prasad socio-economic classification, update - 2019. Indian J Community Heal, 2019.
- Dose-response issues concerning physical activity and health: An evidence-based symposium.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001; https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200106001-00003
- Residents at high altitude show a lower glucose profile than sea-level residents throughout 12-hour blood continuous monitoring.High Alt Med Biol. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1089/ham.2007.8407
- Inverse association between diabetes and altitude: A cross-sectional study in the adult population of the United States.Obesity. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1002/oby.20800
- Metabolic insight into mechanisms of high-altitude adaptation in Tibetans.Mol Genet Metab. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymgme.2012.03.003
- Diabetes in Immigrant Tibetan Muslims in Kashmir.North India. J Immigr Minor Heal. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-017-0558-8
- Epidemiological study of non-communicable diseases (NCD) risk factors in tribal district of Kinnaur, HP: A cross-sectional study.Indian Heart J. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ihj.2016.03.002
- Incidence of Type 2 diabetes in England and its association with baseline impaired fasting glucose: The Ely study 1990–2000.Diabet Med. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-5491.2007.02068.x
- Annual incidence and relative risk of diabetes in people with various categories of dysglycemia: A systematic overview and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007; 78: 305-312https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2007.05.004
- Increasing expenditure on health care incurred by diabetic subjects in a developing country: A study from India.Diabetes Care. 2007; https://doi.org/10.2337/dc06-0144
- Lifestyle interventions for patients with and at risk for type 2 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2013; https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-159-8-201310150-00007
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa012512
- Prevalence and risk factors of diabetes in a community-based study in North India: The Chandigarh Urban Diabetes Study (CUDS).Diabetes Metab. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabet.2010.10.004
- Physiological and behavioral risk factors of type 2 diabetes mellitus in rural India.BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjdrc-2016-000255
- High prevalence of diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance in India: National Urban Diabetes Survey.Diabetologia. 2001; https://doi.org/10.1007/s001250100627
- Burden of hypertension and diabetes among urban population aged ≥ 60 years in South Delhi: A community based study.J Clin Diagnostic Res. 2016; https://doi.org/10.7860/JCDR/2016/17284.7366
- Relation of smoking with total mortality and cardiovascular events among patients with diabetes mellitus: A meta-analysis and systematic review.Circulation. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.115.017926
- Reported prevalence of gestational diabetes in Scotland: The relationship with obesity, age, socioeconomic status, smoking and macrosomia, and how many are we missing?.J Diabetes Investig. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1111/jdi.12552