- •Overall survival in people with type 2 diabetes (T2DM) reflects several factors.
- •Swedish nationwide survey including primary healthcare centers and people with T2DM.
- •Additional general practitioners decrease the risk of early death in people with T2DM.
- Type 2 diabetes and incidence of cardiovascular diseases: a cohort study in 1·9 million people.Lancet Diab Endocrinology. 2015; 3: 105-113
- Diabetes mellitus, fasting blood glucose concentration, and risk of vascular disease: a collaborative meta-analysis of 102 prospective studies.Lancet. 2010; 375: 2215-2222
- Excess Mortality among Persons with Type 2 Diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 1720-1732
- Association between socioeconomic status and mortality, cardiovascular disease, and cancer in patients with type 2 diabetes.JAMA Int Med. 2016; 176: 1146-1154
- Mortality trends in subjects with and without diabetes during 33 years of follow-up.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 551-556
- Causes of death among diabetic patients in Denmark.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 294-302
- All-cause mortality in insulin-treated diabetic patients: A 20-year follow-up.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008; 80: e6-e9
- Global report on diabetes.In. World Health Organization, Geneva2016: 1-88
- Prevalence and incidence of diabetes mellitus: a nationwide population-based pharmaco-epidemiological study in Sweden.Diabet Med. 2015; 32: 1319-1328
- Mortality and cardiovascular disease in type 1 and type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 1407-1418
- Diabetes in the older patient: heterogeneity requires individualisation of therapeutic strategies.Diabetologia. 2018; 61: 1503-1516
- Effect of early intensive multifactorial therapy on 5-year cardiovascular outcomes in individuals with type 2 diabetes detected by screening (ADDITION-Europe): a cluster-randomised trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 156-167
- Diabetes self-management education reduces risk of all-cause mortality in type 2 diabetes patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Endocrine. 2017; 55: 712-731
- Continuous glucose monitoring: a review of successes, challenges, and opportunities.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2016; 18: S3-S13
- Diabetes care-improvement through measurement.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014; 106: S291-S294
- Cause-specific mortality in diabetes: recent changes in trend mortality.European J Prevent Cardiology. 2012; 19: 374-381
- Improving type 2 diabetes mellitus glycaemic outcomes is possible without spending more on medication: Lessons from the UK National Diabetes Audit.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2018; 1: 185-194
- Effectiveness of quality improvement strategies on the management of diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2012; 379: 2252-2261
- The impact of gender on the long-term morbidity and mortality of patients with type 2 diabetes receiving structured personal care: a 13 year follow-up study.Diabetologia. 2016; 59: 275-285
- Resources and organisation in primary health care are associated with HbA1c level: A nationwide study of 230958 people with Type 2 diabetes mellitus.Prim Care Diabetes. 2018; 12: 23-33
- Reporting systems, reporting rates and completeness of data reported from primary healthcare to a Swedish quality register–the national diabetes register.Int J Med Inform. 2011; 80: 663-668
- Background Facts: Integrated database for labour market research [Bakgrundsfakta: Longitudinell integrationsdatabas för Sjukförsäkrings- och Arbetsmarknadsstudier (LISA)] (in Swedish).In. Statistics Sweden, Örebro2016: 1-386
- External review and validation of the Swedish national inpatient register.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 450
- Organisation of asthma care in primary health care in Mid-Sweden.Prim Care Respir J. 2005; 14: 147-153
- A survey of diabetes care in general practice in England and wales.Br J Gen Pract. 2000; 50: 542-545
- Setting and negotiating targets in people with Type 2 diabetes in primary care: a cross sectional survey.Diabet Med. 2005; 22: 683-687
- Resource allocation and organisational features in Swedish primary diabetes care: Changes from 2006 to 2013.Prim Care Diabetes. 2017; 11: 20-28
Swedish Agency for Health and Care Services Analysis [Vårdanalys] (2015:9) The care from primary care practitioners' perspective [Vården ur primärvårdsläkarnas perspektiv] (in Swedish). In. Swedish Agency for Health and Care Services Analysis, Stockholm.
- What is important for you? A qualitative interview study of living with diabetes and experiences of diabetes care to establish a basis for a tailored Patient-Reported Outcome Measure for the Swedish National Diabetes Register.BMJ Open. 2016; 6
- Confounding by Indication: An Example of Variation in the Use of Epidemiologic Terminology.Am J Epidemiol. 1999; 149: 981-983
- Diabetes care in general practice: meta-analysis of randomised control trials.BMJ. 1998; 317: 390-396
- Euro Diabetes Index 2014.In. Health Consumer Powerhouse, Stockholm2014: 1-72
European Coalition for Diabetes (2014) Diabetes in Europe: Policy Puzzle, The State We Are In. In. European Coalition for Diabetes, pp 1-164.
The National Board of Health and Welfare [Socialstyrelsen] (2018) National Guidelines for Diabetes Care – Support for governance and management [Nationella riktlinjer för diabetesvård - Stöd för styrning och ledning] (in Swedish). In. The National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, pp 1-135.
- Management of hyperglycaemia in type 2 diabetes, 2018. A consensus report by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).Diabetologia. 2018; 61: 2461-2498
- Evidence-based diabetes care for older people with Type 2 diabetes: a critical review.Diabet Med. 2019; 36: 399-413
Swedish Agency for Health and Care Services Analysis [Vårdanalys] (2015:7) Long way to patient benefit [Lång väg till patientnytta] (in Swedish). In. Swedish Agency for Health and Care Services Analysis, Stockholm, pp 1-119.
- Self-management education for adults with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of the effect on glycemic control.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 1159-1171
- Diabetes technology—Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy and continuous glucose monitoring in adults: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metabolism. 2016; 101: 3922-3937
- Comparative effectiveness of a technology-facilitated depression care management model in safety-net primary care patients with type 2 diabetes: 6-month outcomes of a large clinical trial.J Med Internet Res. 2018; 20