Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2013 and projections for 2035.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014 Feb; 103: 137-149
The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections; 2010–2050|Pew Research Center [cited 2017 Apr 27]. http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/.
Fischbacher CM, Bhopal R, Steiner M, Morris AD, Chalmers J. Is there equity of service delivery and intermediate outcomes in South Asians with type 2 diabetes? Analysis of DARTS database and summary of UK publications. [cited 2017 Apr 27]; http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.829.1549&rep=rep1&type=pdf.
- Ethnic differences in mortality, end-stage complications, and quality of care among diabetic patients: a review.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2280-2288
- A population-based study of diabetes and its characteristics during the fasting month of Ramadan in 13 countries: results of the epidemiology of diabetes and Ramadan 1422/2001 (EPIDIAR) study.Diabetes Care. 2004 Oct; 27: 2306-2311
- Glycaemic trend during Ramadan in fasting diabetic subjects: a study from Pakistan.Pakistan J Biol Sci PJBS. 2008; 11: 2044-2047
- Recommendations for management of diabetes during Ramadan.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2305-2311
Bonakdaran S. Physiology of Ramadan Fasting; 2016 [cited 2017 May 2]; http://jfh.mums.ac.ir/article_7279_3546794195c03bd5dca513db30ecf1f5.pdf.
- Contribution of autonomic neuropathy to reduced plasma adrenaline responses to hypoglycemia in IDDM: evidence for a nonselective defect.Diabetes. 1997; 46: 814-823
- Glucose excursions and glycaemic control during Ramadan fasting in diabetic patients: insights from continuous glucose monitoring (CGM).Diabetes Metab. 2015; 41: 28-36
- Retinal vein occlusion in Saudi Arabia: possible role of dehydration.Ann Ophthalmol. 1993; 25: 394-398
- Diabetes and Ramadan: practical guidelines.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 126: 303-316
- Experiences of people with type 1 diabetes fasting Ramadan following structured education: a qualitative study.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2019; 153: 157-165
- Fasting during Ramadan in adolescents with diabetes.Indian J Endocrinol Metab Medknow Publ. 2014; 18: 44-47
- Adolescents on basal-bolus insulin can fast during Ramadan.Pediatr Diabetes Blackwell Publishing Ltd. 2010; 11: 96-100https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-5448.2009.00544.x
- Effects of Ramadan fasting on children with Type 1 diabetes.Int J Diabetes Mellit. 2010; 2: 127-129
- Does Reducing basal insulin during Ramadan fasting by children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes decrease the risk of symptomatic hypoglycemia?.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2016; 18: 539-542
- Safety and metabolic impact of Ramadan fasting in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2016; 29https://doi.org/10.1515/jpem-2015-0263
- Insulin pump therapy during Ramadan fasting in type 1 diabetic adolescents.Annals of Saudi Med. 2008; 28: 305-306https://doi.org/10.5144/0256-4947.2008.305
- Insulin pump therapy in moslem patients with type 1 diabetes during Ramadan fasting: an observational report.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2010; 12: 287-290
- Ramadan fasting in diabetes patients on insulin pump therapy augmented by continuous glucose monitoring: an observational real-life study.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2012; 14: 813-818https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2012.0061
- Blood glucose fluctuation during Ramadan fasting in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: findings of continuous glucose monitoring.Dia Care. 2015; 38: e162-e163https://doi.org/10.2337/dc15-1108
- Comparison of insulin pump therapy and multiple daily injections insulin regimen in patients with type 1 diabetes during ramadan fasting.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2017; 19: 349-354https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2016.0418
- Repaglinide plus single-dose insulin glargine: a safe regimen for low-risk type 2 diabetic patients who insist on fasting in Ramadan.Acta Diabetol. 2009; 46: 63-65
- A comparison of glycemic effects of glimepiride, repaglinide, and insulin glargine in type 2 diabetes mellitus during Ramadan fasting.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007; 75: 141-147
- Efficacy and safety of insulin glargine and glimepiride in subjects with Type 2 diabetes before, during and after the period of fasting in Ramadan.Diabet Med. 2009; 26: 1255-1261
- Insulin lispro (Lys(B28), Pro(B29) in the treatment of diabetes during the fasting month of Ramadan. Ramadan study group.Diabetic Med. 1999; 16: 861-866
- Comparison of Humalog Mix 50 with human insulin Mix 30 in type 2 diabetes patients during Ramadan.Int J Clin Pract. 2010; 64: 1095-1099
- A comparison of insulin lispro Mix25 and human insulin 30/70 in the treatment of type 2 diabetes during Ramadan.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003; 59: 137-143
- The Ramadan Study Group. Effect of a new insulin treatment regimen on glycaemic control and quality of life of Muslim patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus during Ramadan fast – an open-label, controlled, multicentre, cluster-randomized study.Int J Clin Pract. 2015; 69: 1281-1288
- A multicenter, prospective, non-interventional evaluation of efficacy and safety of using biphasic insulin aspart as monotherapy, or in combination with the oral hypoglycemic agent, in the treatment of type 2 diabetic patients before, during, & after Ramadan.J Indonesian Med Ass. 2009; 59: 574-579
- Insulin degludec and insulin degludec/insulin aspart in Ramadan: a single center experience.Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2016; 20: 564-567https://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210, 180644. PMCID: PMC4911850
- Efficacy and safety analysis of insulin degludec/insulin aspart compared with biphasic insulin aspart 30: a phase 3, multicentre, international, open-label, randomized, treat-to-target trial in patients with type 2 diabetes fasting during Ramadan.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018; 135: 218-226
- Impact of optimum diabetes care on the safety of fasting in Ramadan in adult patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus on insulin therapy.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2019; 150: 301-307
- Muslim patients’ expectations and attitudes about Ramadan fasting during pregnancy.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016; 132: 321-324
- The effect of Ramadan fasting on the outcome of pregnancy.Iran J Pediatr. 2010; 20: 181-186
- Glycemic control among pregnant diabetic women on insulin who fasted during Ramadan.Iran J Med Sci. 2011; 36: 254-259
- Safety and tolerability of once or twice daily neutral protamine Hagedorn insulin in fasting pregnant women with diabetes during Ramadan.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2011; 37: 132-137
- Fasting Ramadan in chronic kidney disease patients: clinical and biochemical effects.Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010; 21: 898-902
Bakhit AA, Kurdi AM, Wadera JJ, Alsuwaida AO. Saudi medical journal. SMJ Saudi Med J 2017:48–52. https://www.smj.org.sa/index.php/smj/article/view/smj.2017.1.17566/10000.
- Fasting in Ramadan is not associated with deterioration of chronic kidney disease: A prospective observational study.Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl Medknow Publ Media Pvt. Ltd. 2017; 28: 68-75
- The effects of intermittent fasting during the month of Ramadan in chronic hemodialysis patients in a tropical climate country.PLoS One Public Library of Sci. 2014; 9: e114262
- The use of Free Style Libre Continues Glucose Monitoring (FSL-CGM) to monitor the impact of Ramadan fasting on glycemic changes and kidney function in high-risk patients with diabetes and chronic kidney disease stage 3 under optimal diabetes care.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2019; 151: 305-312https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2019.03.015