- Herman G.A.
- Stevens C.
- Van Dyck K.
- Bergman A.
- Yi B.
- De Smet M.
- et al.
- Sumarsono A.
- Everett B.M.
- McGuire D.K.
- Fonarow G.C.
- Butler J.
- Pandey A.
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibition potentiates the insulinotropic effect of glucagon-like peptide 1 in the anesthetized pig.Diabetes. 1998; 47: 764-769
- Vildagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-IV inhibitor, improves model-assessed beta-cell function in patients with type 2 diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 4888-4894
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of sitagliptin, an inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase IV, in healthy subjects: results from two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies with single oral doses.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005; 78: 675-688
- Trends in aggregate use and associated expenditures of antihyperglycemic therapies among US medicare beneficiaries between 2012 and 2017.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2019.3884
- Effect of rosiglitazone on the risk of myocardial infarction and death from cardiovascular causes.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 2457-2471
- The Avandia debate.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 2401-2408
- FDA guidance on antihyperglyacemic therapies for type 2 diabetes: one decade later.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019; 21: 1073-1078
Scirica BM, Bhatt DL, Braunwald E, Steg PG, Davidson J, Hirshberg B, et al. Saxagliptin and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med. 2013 Oct 3;369(14):1317–26.
White WB, Cannon CP, Heller SR, Nissen SE, Bergenstal RM, Bakris GL, et al. Alogliptin after acute coronary syndrome in patients with type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2013 Oct 3;369(14):1327–35.
Green JB, Bethel MA, Armstrong PW, Buse JB, Engel SS, Garg J, et al. Effect of Sitagliptin on cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2015 Jul 16;373(3):232–42.
- Effect of linagliptin vs placebo on major cardiovascular events in adults with type 2 diabetes and high cardiovascular and renal risk: the CARMELINA randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2019; 321: 69-79
- Heart failure in the patient with diabetes: Epidemiology, aetiology, prognosis, therapy and the effect of glucose-lowering medications.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019 Jun; 21: 1277-1290
- Cardiovascular outcome trials of glucose-lowering medications: an update.Diabetologia. 2019 Mar; 62: 357-369
- The kidney and cardiovascular outcome trials.J Diabetes. 2018; 10: 88-89
Matthews DR, Paldánius PM, Proot P, Chiang Y, Stumvoll M, Del Prato S. Glycaemic durability of an early combination therapy with vildagliptin and metformin versus sequential metformin monotherapy in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes (VERIFY): a 5-year, multicentre, randomised, double-blind trial. Lancet. 2019 Sep 17. pii: S0140-6736(19)32131-2. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(19)32131-2.
Rosenstock J, Kahn SE, Johansen OE, Zinman B, Espeland MA, Woerle HJ, et al. Effect of linagliptin vs glimepiride on major adverse cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes: the CAROLINA randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2019 Sep 19. doi: 10.1001/jama.2019.13772.
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM): a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Pharmacol Toxicol. 2019 Mar 4; 20: 15https://doi.org/10.1186/s40360-019-0293-y
- Safety of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Curr Med Res Opin. 2011; 27: 57-64
- Cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality associated with sulphonylureas compared with other antihyperglycaemic drugs: a Bayesian meta-analysis of survival data.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017 Mar; 19: 329-335
- Oral diabetes medication monotherapy and short-term mortality in individuals with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease.BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2018 Jun 15; 6e000516
- Capitalizing on prescribing pattern variation to compare medications for type 2 diabetes.Value Health. 2014 Dec; 17: 854-862
- Association between first-line monotherapy with sulphonylurea versus metformin and risk of all-cause mortality and cardiovascular events: a retrospective, observational study.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2014 Oct; 16: 957-962
- Impact of metformin use on the cardiovascular effects of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors: an analysis of Medicare claims data from 2007 to 2015.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019; 21: 854-865
- Double-blind, randomized clinical trial comparing the efficacy and safety of continuing or discontinuing the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin when initiating insulin glargine therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes: the CompoSIT-I Study.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2018 Nov 4; https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.13574
- Use of non-insulin diabetes medicines after insulin initiation: a retrospective cohort study.PLoS ONE. 2019; 14e0211820
- Albuminuria-lowering effect of dapagliflozin alone and in combination with saxagliptin and effect of dapagliflozin and saxagliptin on glycaemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease (DELIGHT): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019; 7: 429-441
- Understanding the gap between efficacy in randomized controlled trials and effectiveness in real-world use of GLP-1 RA and DPP-4 therapies in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2017 Nov; 40: 1469-1478
- Determinants of adherence to diabetes treatment.J Diabetes. 2015 Nov; 7: 864-871
- Dypeptidylpeptidase-4 inhibitors and the cardiovascular system: How to manage the fil rouge.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2019; 29: 215-219
- Potential for cardiac protection with dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors: the stromal cell-derived factor-1α hypothesis.J Diabetes. 2013; 5: 258-260
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition prevents vascular aging in mice under chronic stress: modulation of oxidative stress and inflammation.Chem Biol Interact. 2019 Oct; 2108842https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2019.108842
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor approaches.J Diabetes. 2017 Jan; 9: 5-7
- Cardiovascular safety of DPP-4 inhibitors compared with sulphonylureas: results of randomized controlled trials and observational studies.Diabetes Metab. 2018; 44: 386-392