Abbreviations:CV (cardiovascular), NHI (Taiwan national health insurance), NHIRD (the Taiwan national health insurance research database), LHID (the longitudinal health insurance database), ACS (acute coronary syndrome), MI (myocardial infarction), PDC (proportion of follow-up days on statin use), HTN (hypertension), CHF (congestive heart failure), CKD (chronic renal disease), WOSCOPS (the West of Scotland coronary prevention study), JUPITER (justification for the use of statins in prevention: an intervention trial evaluating rosuvastatin)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Statins and risk of incident diabetes: a collaborative meta-analysis of randomised statin trials.Lancet. 2010; 375: 735-742https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(09)61965-6
- Higher potency statins and the risk of new diabetes: multicentre, observational study of administrative databases.BMJ. 2015; 348g3244https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g3244
- Statins and risk of new-onset diabetes mellitus: is there a rationale for individualized statin therapy?.Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2014; 14: 79-87https://doi.org/10.1007/s40256-013-0053-0
- Risk of new-onset diabetes associated with statin use.SAGE Open Med. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1177/2050312115605518
- Statins and risk of new-onset diabetes mellitus.Circulation. 2012; 126: e282-e284https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.112.122135
- Statin treatment, new-onset diabetes, and other adverse effects :a systematic review.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2014; 16: 461https://doi.org/10.1007/s11886-013-0461-4
- New onset diabetes mellitus induced by statins: current evidence.Postgrad Med. 2017; 129: 430-435https://doi.org/10.1080/00325481.2017.1292107
Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration, Sarwar N, Gao P, et al. Diabetes mellitus, fasting blood glucose concentration, and risk of vascular disease: a collaborative meta-analysis of 102 prospective studies. Lancet 2010;375:2215–2222. https://doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60484-9.
- Meta-analysis: glycosylated hemoglobin and cardiovascular disease in diabetes mellitus.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 141: 421-431
- Markers of dysglycaemia and risk of coronary heart disease in people without diabetes: Reykjavik prospective study and systematic review.PLoS Med. 2010; 7: e1000278https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1000278
- Statins, glycemia, and diabetes mellitus: another point of view.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2014; 16: 458https://doi.org/10.1007/s11883-014-0458-5
- balancing primary prevention and statin-induced diabetes mellitus prevention.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 120: 1122-1128https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2017.06.054
- Clinical significance of diabetes likely induced by statins: evidence from a large population-based cohort.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 133: 60-68https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2017.08.008
Bureau of National Health Insurance. National Health Insurance Research Database. Taiwan. Zhunan, Taiwan. Bureau of National Health Insurance, Department of Health. Available from http://nhird.nhri.org.tw/en/index.html. Accessed 2015.
Parsons LS. Performing a 1:N Case-Control Match on Propensity Score. Proceedings of the 29th Annual SAS Users Group International Conference; May 9-12, 2004. Available from https://www.lexjansen.com/cgi-bin/xsl_transform.php?x=sugi29.Accessed.
- Pravastatin and the development of diabetes mellitus: evidence for a protective treatment effect in the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study.Circulation. 2001; 103: 357-362
- Is statin-induced diabetes clinically relevant? a comprehensive review of the literature.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2014; 16: 689-694https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.12254
- Rosuvastatin to prevent vascular events in men and women with elevated C-reactive protein.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 2195-2207https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0807646
- Statin safety and associated adverse events-A scientific statement from the american heart association.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2019; 39: e38-e81https://doi.org/10.1161/ATV.0000000000000073
- HMG-coenzyme A reductase inhibition, type 2 diabetes, and bodyweight: evidence from genetic analysis and randomised trials.Lancet. 2015; 385: 351-361https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61183-1
- Validation of acute myocardial infarction cases in the national health insurance research database in Taiwan.J Epidemiol. 2014; 24: 500-507https://doi.org/10.2188/jea.je20140076
- Validity of in-hospital mortality data among patients with acute myocardial infarction or stroke in National Health Insurance Research Database in Taiwan.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 201: 96-101https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2015.07.075