Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Levels of type 1 diabetes care in children and adolescents for countries at varying resource levels.Pediatr Diabetes. 2019; 20: 93-98https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12801
- Predictors of control of diabetes: Monitoring may be the key.J Pediatr. 2004; 144: 660-661https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2003.12.042
- Access to care for patients with insulin-requiring diabetes in developing countries.Diabetes Care. 2005; 29: 2136-2140
- Diabetes monitoring in developing countries.Diabetes Voice. 2006; 51: 28-31
- Structural barriers to coping with type 1 diabetes mellitus in ghana: experiences of diabetic youth and their families.Ghana Med J. 2012; 46: 39-45
- Financial costs for families of children with Type 1 diabetes in lower-income countries.Diabet Med. 2016; 33: 820-826https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.12997
- Diabetes in sub-Saharan Africa: from clinical care to health policy.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017; 5: 622-667https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(17)30181-X
- Blood glucose meters and test strips: global market and challenges to access in low-resource settings.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019; 7: 150-160https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(18)30074-3
UN general assembly. Transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development A/RES/70/1 2015. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?page=view&type=111&nr=8496&menu=35 (accessed February 9, 2018).
IDF Diabetes Atlas 2017. https://diabetesatlas.org (accessed May 16, 2019).
- Access to care for patients with insulin-requiring diabetes in developing countries case studies of Mozambique and Zambia.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2136-2140https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.28.9.2136
- Constraints and challenges in access to insulin: A global perspective.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016; 4: 275-285https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(15)00521-5
- The IDF life for a child program index of diabetes care for children and youth.Pediatr Diabetes. 2016; 17: 374-384https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12296
World Health Organization. Making fair choices on the path to universal health coverage: Final report of the WHO Consultative Group on Equity and Universal Health Coverage 2014. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/112671/1/9789241507158_eng.pdf?ua=1 (accessed February 8, 2018).
World Health Organization. The World Health Report 2008: Primary Health Care Now More Than Ever 2008. http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s22232en/s22232en.pdf (accessed February 8, 2018).
Mexico Gobernio de la Republica. Programa Institucional del Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social 2014-2018 2014. http://www.imss.gob.mx/sites/all/statics/pdf/PIIMSS_2014-2018_FINAL_230414.pdf (accessed January 4, 2018).
Kuwawenaruwa A, Borghi J. Health insurance cover is increasing among the Tanzanian population but wealthier groups are more likely to benefit. Ifakara Heal Inst 2012. https://ihi.eprints.org/1796/1/Health_insurance_cover_in_Tanzania_Issue_11.pdf (accessed February 8, 2018).
- Health care seeking behaviour and utilisation in a multiple health insurance system: does insurance affiliation matter?.Int J Equity Health. 2014; 13
World Bank. World Bank Open Data n.d. https://data.worldbank.org (accessed March 27, 2018).
- Providing universal health insurance coverage in Nigeria.Int Q Community Health Educ. 2016; 36
Kenya national bureau of statistics. Economic survey 2017 2017. https://www.knbs.or.ke/download/economic-survey-2017/ (accessed February 8, 2018).
National bureau of statistics ministry of finance & treasury. Statistical pocketbook of Maldives 2016 2016. http://statisticsmaldives.gov.mv/yearbook/2016/pension-social-protection/ (accessed February 8, 2018).
- Financial protection from health spending in the Philippines: Policies and progress.Health Policy Plan. 2016; 31: 919-927https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czw011
Australian government department of human services. Pharmaceutical benefits schemes (PBS) Safety Net n.d. https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/pharmaceutical-benefits-scheme-pbs-safety-net (accessed February 8, 2018).
Pharmaceutical management agency. Pharmaceutical schedule February 2018 volume 25 n.d. http://www.pharmac.govt.nz/2018/02/01/Schedule.pdf (accessed February 9, 2018).
Gov UK. NHS prescription charges from April 2017 n.d. https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/nhs-prescription-charges-from-april-2017 (accessed August 29, 2017).
- Short-acting insulin analogues versus regular human insulin for adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; (CD012161)
- A prospective randomised cross-over study of the effect of insulin analogues and human insulin on the frequency of severe hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes and recurrent hypoglycaemia (the HypoAna trial): study rationale and design.BMC Endocr Disord. 2012; 12: 10https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6823-12-10
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines 2018: insulin treatment in children and adolescents with diabetes.Pediatr Diabetes. 2018; 19: 205-226https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12755
- Assessment and monitoring of glycemic control in children and adolescents with diabetes.Pediatr Diabetes. 2014; 15: 102-114https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12190
- Evidence of a strong association between frequency of self-monitoring of blood glucose and hemoglobin A1c levels in T1D Exchange clinic registry participants.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 2009-2014https://doi.org/10.2337/dc12-1770
World Health Organization. Second WHO model list of essential in vitro diagnostics second WHO model list of essential in vitro diagnostics 2019. https://www.who.int/medical_devices/publications/Standalone_document_v8.pdf?ua=1 (accessed July 9, 2019).
World Health Organization. Global action plan for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases 2013-2020 2013. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/94384/1/9789241506236_eng.pdf?ua=1 (accessed April 3, 2018).
World Health Organization. Monitoring the building blocks of health systems: a handbook of indicators and their measurement strategies 2010. http://www.who.int/healthinfo/systems/monitoring/en/ (accessed February 9, 2018).
Averill C, Marriott A. Universal health coverage why health insurance schemes are leaving the poor behind; 2013.
USAID. Health insurance profile: Rwanda 2016. http://www.africanstrategies4health.org/uploads/1/3/5/3/13538666/country_profile_-_rwanda_-_us_letter.pdf (accessed February 8, 2018).
- A review of the national health insurance scheme in Ghana: What are the sustainability threats and prospects?.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0165151
World health organization and health action international. Measuring medicine prices, availability, affordability and price components. Switzerland; 2008.
- Coping with healthcare costs for chronic illness in low-income and middle- income countries: a systematic literature review.BMJ Glob Heal. 2019; 4: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjgh-2019-001475
World Health Organization. The World health report 2000 : health systems : improving performance 2000. http://www.who.int/whr/2000/en/whr00_en.pdf?ua=1 (accessed July 17, 2018).