- •Remote monitoring of blood glucose and insulin orders improved glycemic control.
- •An automated, publicly displayed signal improved insulin prescribing practices.
- •Insulin therapy for hyperglycemia in the absence of diabetes increased hypoglycemia.
- •Algorithm-driven treatment recommendations were safe and effective for patients with diabetes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Inpatient glucose control: a glycemic survey of 126 U.S. hospitals.J Hosp Med. 2009; 9: E7-E14https://doi.org/10.1002/jhm.533
- Management of diabetes and hyperglycemia in hospitals.Diabetes Care. 2004; 2: 553-591
- Diabetes care in the hospital: standards of medical care in diabetes-2018.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: S144-S151https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-S014
- Hypoglycemia in hospitalized patients treated with antihyperglycemic agents.J Hosp Med. 2007; 4: 234-240
- Hypoglycaemia is associated with increased length of stay and mortality in people with diabetes who are hospitalized.Diabet Med. 2012; 29: e445-e448https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.12002
- Effectiveness of a multi-component quality improvement intervention on rates of hyperglycaemia.BMJ Open Qual. 2017; 6e000059https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjoq-2017-000059
- Effect of an educational inpatient diabetes management program on medical resident knowledge and measures of glycemic control: a randomized controlled trial.Endocr Pract. 2012; 2: 238-249https://doi.org/10.4158/EP11277.OR
- Clinical decision support systems in the care of inpatients with diabetes in non-critical care setting: systematic review.Diabet Med. 2012; 6: 698-708https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-5491.2011.03540.x
- Implementing and evaluating a multicomponent inpatient diabetes management program: putting research into practice.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2012; 38: 195-206
- Curr Diab Rep. 2018; 18: 10https://doi.org/10.1007/s11892-018-0972-x
- Association between a virtual glucose management service and glycemic control in hospitalized adult patients: an observational study.Ann Intern Med. 2017; 166: 621-627https://doi.org/10.7326/M16-1413
- Transforming Heath Care Virginia Mason Medical Center’s Pursuit of the Perfect Patient Experience.Productivity Press, New York, NY2011
- Randomized study of basal-bolus insulin therapy in the inpatient management of patients with type 2 diabetes (RABBIT 2 trial).Diabetes Care. 2007; 9: 2181-2186
Ohno, Taiichi, Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production. Diamond, Inc Tokyo, Japan 1978. (English translation by Productivity, Inc., Portland, OR).
- Outreach and early warning systems (EWS) for the prevention of intensive care admission and death of critically ill adult patients on general hospital wards.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007; 3: CD005529
- Improving glycemic control with the adjunct use of a data management software program.Adv Crit Care. 2012; 4: 362-369https://doi.org/10.1097/NCI.0b013e31825d5dc8
- Growing literature, stagnant science? Systematic review, meta-regression and cumulative analysis of audit and feedback interventions in health care.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 11: 1534-1541https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-014-2913-y