Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Trends in childhood type 1 diabetes incidence in Europe during 1989–2008: evidence of non-uniformity over time in rates of increase.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 2142-2147
- The changing epidemiology of type 1 diabetes: why is it going through the roof?.Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 2011; 27: 3-13
- Prevalence of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes among children and adolescents from 2001 to 2009.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1778-1786
- Disability-free life-years lost among adults aged ≥50 years, with and without Diabetes Mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 1222-1229
- Changes in diabetes medication regimens and glycemic control in adolescents and young adults with youth-onset type 2 diabetes: The SEARCH for diabetes in youth study.Pediatr. Diabet. 2018; 19: 1065-1072
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Diabetes atlas,” 2018.
- The T1D Exchange Clinic Registry.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012; 97: 4383-4389
National Committee for Quality Assurance, “Comprehensive diabetes care: This HEDIS measure.” 2017
- Glycemic targets. Sec 6. In Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2017.Diabet. Care. 2017; 40: S48-S56
- Hyperglycemic crises in adult patients with diabetes.Diabet. Care. 2009; 32: 1335-1343
- Glucose control in diabetes: the impact of racial differences on monitoring and outcomes.Endocrine. 2012; 42: 471-482
- Do social inequalities exist in terms of the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, control and monitoring of diabetes? A systematic review.Health Soc. Care Community. 2010; 18: 572-587
- Predictors of recurrent hospital admission for patients presenting with diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state.J. Clin. Med. Res. 2017; 9: 35-39
- Recurrent diabetic ketoacidosis in inner-city minority patients: Behavioral, socioeconomic, and psychosocial factors.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 1891-1896
- Predictors of acute complications in children with type 1 diabetes.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2511-2518
- Hyperglycemic crises in diabetes mellitus: diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state.Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2006; 35 (viii): 725-751
- Thirty years of personal experience in hyperglycemic crises: Diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2008; 93: 1541-1552
- Trends in hospitalization for diabetic ketoacidosis in diabetic patients in Taiwan: analysis of national claims data, 1997–2005.J. Formos. Med. Assoc. Taiwan Yi Zhi. 2010; 109: 725-734
- Diabetes in urban african-americans. I. Cessation of insulin therapy is the major precipitating cause of diabetic ketoacidosis.Diabetes Care. 1995; 18: 483-489
- Admissions for diabetic ketoacidosis in ethnic minority groups in a city hospital.Metabolism. 2007; 56: 172-178
- Adult hyperglycemic crisis: A review and perspective.Curr. Diab. Rep. 2013; 13: 130-137
- Lapses in medicaid coverage: Impact on cost and utilization among individuals with diabetes enrolled in medicaid.Med. Care. 2008; 46: 1219-1225
2011-2015 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates, “Median household income.” U.S. Census Bureau, 2017.
- Risk factors for recurrent admissions with diabetic ketoacidosis: a case–control observational study.Diabet. Med. 2016; 33: 523-528
- Diabetic ketoacidosis in type 1 and type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Clinical and biochemical differences.Arch. Intern. Med. 2004; 164: 1925-1931
- Hyperglycemic emergencies in adults.Can. J. Diabetes. Apr. 2013; 37: S72-S76
- Comparison of diabetic ketoacidosis in patients with type-1 and type-2 Diabetes Mellitus.Am. J. Med. Sci. 2013; 345: 326-330
- Early readmissions to the department of medicine as a screening tool for monitoring quality of care problems.Medicine (Baltimore). 2008; 87: 294-300
- Achieved levels of HbA1c and likelihood of hospital admission in people with type 1 diabetes in the Scottish population: A study from the Scottish Diabetes Research Network Epidemiology Group.Diabet. Care. 2011; 34: 1992-1997
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “About adult BMI healthy weight.” 29-Aug-2017.
- Classification and diagnosis of diabetes.Diabet. Care. 2017; 40: S11-S24
- A self-assessment tool for screening young adults at risk of type 2 diabetes using Strong Heart Family Study data.Diabet. Educ. Oct. 2016; 42: 607-617
- Youth-onset Type 2 diabetes consensus report: current status, challenges, and priorities.Diabet. Care. 2016; 39: 1635-1642
- The SEARCH for diabetes in youth study: rationale, findings, and future directions.Diabet. Care. 2014; 37: 3336-3344
- Interruptions in private health insurance and outcomes in adults with Type 1 diabetes: A longitudinal study.Health Aff. (Millwood). 2018; 37: 1024-1032
- Health care transition in patients with type 1 diabetes: Young adult experiences and relationship to glycemic control.Diabet. Care. Aug. 2012; 35: 1716-1722
- A transition care programme which improves diabetes control and reduces hospital admission rates in young adults with Type 1 diabetes aged 15–25 years.Diabet. Med. Jul. 2007; 24: 764-769
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Results from the 2017 national survey on drug use and health: Detailed tables, 2017.
- Relationship of depression and diabetes self-care, medication adherence, and preventive care.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 2154-2160
- Depression and diabetes treatment nonadherence: a meta-analysis.Diabet. Care. 2008; 31: 2398-2403
- Depression and diabetes.Dialogues Clin. Neurosci. Mar. 2018; 20: 47-52