Abbreviations:Bpm (beats per minutes), HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin), HR (heart rate), HRV (heart rate variability), HF (high frequency), LF (low frequency), ms (milliseconds), PNN 50 (percentage of normal to normal intervals differing by more than 50 ms), RMSSD (root-mean-square of successive differences), SDNN (standard deviation of all normal R-R intervals), SDANN (standard deviation of average normal to normal R-R intervals), T2DM (type 2 diabetes mellitus)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Standards of medical care in diabetes—2014.Diab Care. 2014; 37: S14-S80
- Diabetes and cardiac autonomic neuropathy: clinical manifestations, cardiovascular consequences, diagnosis and treatment.World J Diab. 2015; 6: 80-91
- Diabetes in Africa. Diabetes microvascular and macrovascular disease in Africa.J Cardiovasc Risk. 2003; 10: 97-102
- IDF diabetes atlas : sixth edition.International Diabetes Federation, 2013
Electrophysiology TF of the ES of C the NAS of P. Heart rate variability standards of measurement, physiological interpretation, and clinical use. Circulation. 1996;93(5):1043–1065.
- Heart rate variability in type 2 diabetic subjects randomized to liraglutide or glimepiride treatment, both in combination with metformin: a randomized, open, parallel-group study.Endocrinol Diab Metab. 2019; 2e00058
- Statistics review 4: sample size calculations.Crit Care Lond Engl. 2002; 6: 335-341
- Hemoglobin A1c in diabetes: panacea or pointless?.Diabetes. 2013; 62: 41-43
- Intensified multifactorial intervention in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and microalbuminuria: the steno type 2 randomised study.Lancet Lond Engl. 1999; 353: 617-622
- Effect of glycemic control and disease duration on cardiac autonomic function and oxidative stress in type 2 diabetes mellitus.J Diab Metab Disord. 2018; 17: 149-158
- Effect of early intensive multifactorial therapy on 5-year cardiovascular outcomes in individuals with type 2 diabetes detected by screening (ADDITION-Europe): a cluster-randomised trial.Lancet Lond Engl. 2011; 378: 156-167
- New insulin glargine 300 U/ml compared with glargine 100 U/ml in insulin-naïve people with type 2 diabetes on oral glucose-lowering drugs: a randomized controlled trial (EDITION 3).Diab Obes Metab. 2015; 17: 386-394
- Comparison of basal insulin added to oral agents versus twice-daily premixed insulin as initial insulin therapy for type 2 diabetes.Diab Care. 2005; 28: 254-259
- Value and utility of self-monitoring of blood glucose in non-insulin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Postgrad Med. 2013; 125: 191-204
- Use of a basal-plus insulin regimen in persons with type 2 diabetes stratified by age and body mass index: A pooled analysis of four clinical trials.Prim Care Diab. 2016; 10: 51-59
- Combination therapy with insulin and oral agents: optimizing glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Diab Metab Res Rev. 2002; 18: S77-S81
- An insight into the recent diabetes trials: what is the best approach to prevent macrovascular and microvascular complications?.Curr Diab Rev. 2013; 9: 371-381
- Activation of the parasympathetic nervous system is necessary for normal meal-induced insulin secretion in rhesus macaques.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 86: 1253-1259