Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Diabetes and cancer.Endocr Relat Cancer. 2009; 16: 1103-1123
- Clinical challenges in caring for patients with diabetes and cancer.Diabetes Spectrum. 2006; 19: 157-162
- Long-term all-cause mortality in cancer patients with preexisting diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2008; 300: 2754-2764
- Diabetes and risk of cancer incidence: results from a population-based cohort study in northern Italy.BMC Cancer. 2017; 17: 703https://doi.org/10.1186/s12885-017-3696-4
- Epidemiological dimensions of the association between type 2 diabetes and cancer: A review of observational studies.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018; 143: 369-377https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2018.03.002
- Diabetes and cancer: Pathophysiological fundamentals of a 'dangerous affair'.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018; 143: 378-388https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2018.04.002
- Mortality after cancer among patients with diabetes mellitus: effect of diabetes duration and treatment.Diabetologia. 2014; 57: 927-934https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-014-3186-z
- The management of diabetes in terminal illness related to cancer.QJM. 2012; 105: 3-9https://doi.org/10.1093/qjmed/hcr167
- Management of diabetes in the terminal phase of life.Pract Diab Int. 2004; 21: 175-176
- Managing diabetes mellitus in patients with advanced cancer: a case note audit and guidelines.Eur J Cancer Care. 2005; 14: 244-248
- Diabetes management in patients receiving palliative care.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2006; 32: 275-286
- Diabetes and cancer - an AACE/ACE consensus statement.Endocr Pract. 2013; 19: 675-693https://doi.org/10.4158/EP13248.CS
- Adverse glycaemic effects of cancer therapy: indications for a rational approach to cancer patients with diabetes.Metabolism. 2018; 78: 141-154https://doi.org/10.1016/j.metabol.2017.09.013
AMD-SID. Standard italiani per la cura del diabete mellito 2018. http://aemmedi.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/AMD-Standard-unico1.pdf [accessed February 2019].
NHS – Pan Birmingham Cancer Network. Guideline for the Management of Diabetes Mellitus in Palliative Medicine. http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/Downloads/pdf/CancerPbDiabetesMellitus.pdf [accessed February 2019].
Mateo J, Castro E, Olmos D, on behalf of the European Society for Medical Oncology. Cancer treatment in patients with diabetes. From: 2013 ESMO Handbook on Cancer Treatment in Special Clinical Situations: 72–88. Edit. ESMO Press.
- Diabetology and oncology meet in a network model: union is strength.Acta Diabetol. 2016; 53: 515-524
AMD-AIOM Working Group on “Diabetes and Cancer”. http://aemmedi.it/diabete-e-tumori/ [accessed February 2019].
Clemente G, Giorgini M, Mancini M, Gallo M, on behalf of the AMD ‘Diabetes and Cancer’ working group. Diabetologists and Oncologists attitudes towards treating diabetes in the oncologic patient: insights from an exploratory survey. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2018;143:420–7. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2018.02.044.
Rete Oncologica Piemonte-Valle d’Aosta. Protocollo per la gestione del paziente oncologico con diabete mellito. http://www.reteoncologica.it/images/stories/Linee_guida_raccomandazioni_RETE/Terapie_di_supporto/DEF_PZ_ONCO_DIABETE_MELLITO.pdf [accessed February 2019].