- •Usefulness of routine angiographic follow-up (RAF) in diabetes is less well known.
- •RAF cause increased incidence of revascularization and major adverse cardiac events.
- •Target lesion revascularization also higher in second-generation drug-eluting stents.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
Authors/Task Force members, Windecker S, Kolh P, Alfonso F, Collet JP, Cremer J, Falk V, et al.2014 ESC/EACTS Guidelines on myocardial revascularization: The Task Force on Myocardial Revascularization of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)Developed with the special contribution of the European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI). Eur Heart J 2014;35:2541–619.
Shiomi H, Morimoto T, Kitaguchi S, Nakagawa Y, Ishii K, Haruna Y, et al., ReACT Investigators. The ReACT Trial: Randomized Evaluation of Routine Follow-up Coronary Angiography After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Trial JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2017;10:109–17.
- Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030.Diabetes Care. 2014; 27: 1047-1053
- Management of the patient with diabetes mellitus and myocardial infarction: clinical trials update.Am J Med. 2004; 116: 47s-63s
- Randomized comparison of percutaneous coronary intervention with coronary artery bypass grafting in diabetic patients. 1-year results of the CARDia (Coronary Artery Revascularization in Diabetes) trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 432-440
- Diabetes mellitus and the clinical and angiographic outcome after coronary stent placement.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 32: 1866-1873
- Randomized clinical trial of abciximab in diabetic patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary interventions after treatment with a high loading dose of clopidogrel.Circulation. 2004; 110: 3627-3635
- Short- and long-term results after multivessel stenting in diabetic patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 1348-1354
Iijima R, Ndrepepa G, Mehilli J, Markwardt C, Bruskina O, Pache J, et al. Impact of diabetes mellitus on long-term outcomes in the drug-eluting stent era. Am Heart J 2007;154 688–93.
- Silent myocardial ischemia in asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus without previous histories of cardiovascular disease.Int J Cardiol. 2016; 216: 151-155
- Taskforce Team of Diabetes Fact Sheet of the Korean Diabetes Association. Improved trends in cardiovascular complications among subjects with type 2 diabetes in Korea: a nationwide study (2006–2013).Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2017; 16: 1
- Myocardial infarction redefined—a consensus document of the Joint European Society of Cardiology/American College of Cardiology Committee for the redefinition of myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2000; 21: 1502-1513
- Effect of Intravascular Ultrasound-Guided vs Angiography-Guided Everolimus-Eluting Stent Implantation: The IVUS-XPL Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA. 2015; 314: 2155-2163
- Safety and efficacy of drug-eluting and bare metal stents: comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies.Circulation. 2009; 119: 3198-3206
- A polymer-based, paclitaxel-eluting stent in patients with coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 221-231
- Impact of routine angiographic follow-up on the clinical benefits of paclitaxel-eluting stents: results from the TAXUS-IV trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 32-36
- Usage patterns and 2-year outcomes with the TAXUS express stent: results of the US ARRIVE 1 registry.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008; 72: 433-445
- Clinical restenosis after coronary stenting: perspectives from multicenter clinical trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 2082-2089
- ACC/AHA/SCAI, 2005 guideline update for percutaneous coronary intervention: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 172-209
- Guidelines for percutaneous coronary interventions. The Task Force for Percutaneous Coronary Interventions of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 804-847
- Impact of coronary lesion complexity on drug-eluting stent outcomes in patients with and without diabetes mellitus: analysis from 18 pooled randomized trials.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2111-2118
- Efficacy and safety of everolimus and zotarolimus-eluting stents versus first-generation drug-eluting stents in patients with diabetes: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 230: 310-318
- Remodeling of in-stent neointima, which became thinner and transparent over 3 years: serial angiographic and angioscopic follow-up.Circulation. 1998; 97: 2003-2006
- Impact of routine angiographic follow-up after percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents in the SPIRIT III randomized trial at three years.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 21-29
- Impact of scheduled angiographic follow-up in patients treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.J Interv Cardiol. 2013; 26: 319-324
- Clinical studies on coronary revascularization in patients with type 2 diabetes.Eur Heart J. 2003; 24: 1087-1103