- •IL-10 −1082A > G polymorphism is associated with diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetes.
- •AA genotype is independently associated with non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- •GG genotype is overrepresented among patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Diabetic retinopathy.Lancet. 2010; 376: 124-136
- Diabetic retinopathy: from evidence and promise to real life observations.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 124: 102-104
- Diabetic retinopathy: a position statement by the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 412-418
- Renal insufficiency and cardiovascular events (RIACE) study group. High prevalence of advanced retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes from the Renal Insufficiency and Cardiovascular Events (RIACE) Italian Multicenter Study.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012; 98: 329-337
- Genetics of diabetic retinopathy.Curr Diab Rep. 2014; 14: 515
- Candidate gene studies of diabetic retinopathy in human.Mol Biol Rep. 2016; 43: 1327-1345
- Recent advances in understanding the biochemical and molecular mechanism of diabetic retinopathy.J Diabetes Complications. 2012; 26: 56-64
- Mechanistic insights into pathological changes in the diabetic retina: implications for targeting diabetic retinopathy.Am J Pathol. 2017; 187: 9-19
- Inflammation in diabetic retinopathy.Prog Retin Eye Res. 2011; 30: 343-358
- The regulation of IL-10 production by immune cells.Nat Rev Immunol. 2010; 10: 170-181
- Role of interleukin 10 transcriptional regulation in inflammation and autoimmune disease.Crit Rev Immunol. 2012; 32: 23-63
- Interleukin-10 paradox: a potent immunoregulatory cytokine that has been difficult to harness for immunotherapy.Cytokine. 2015; 74: 27-34
- The interleukin-10-1082 G/A polymorphism: allele frequency in different populations and functional significance.Cell Mol Life Sci. 2002; 59: 560-569
- Interindividual variations in constitutive interleukin-10 messenger RNA and protein levels and their association with genetic polymorphisms.Transplantation. 2003; 75: 711-717
- African vs. Caucasian and Asian difference for the association of interleukin-10 promotor polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes mellitus (a meta-analysis study).Meta Gene. 2016; 9: 10-17
- Dial gene consortium. Gene polymorphism association studies in dialysis: the nutrition-inflammation axis.Semin Dial. 2005; 18: 322-330
- Association of tumor necrosis factor alpha, interferon gamma and interleukin 10 gene polymorphisms with peripheral neuropathy in South Indian patients with type 2 diabetes.Cytokine. 2009; 47: 173-177
- Polymorphisms of interleukin-4, -10 and 12B genes and diabetic retinopathy.Cent Eur J Biol. 2011; 6: 558-564
- Association of tumor necrosis factor α, interleukin 6, and interleukin 10 promoter polymorphism with proliferative diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetic subjects.Retina. 2012; 32: 1197-1203
- Association of a large panel of cytokine gene polymorphisms with complications and comorbidities in type 2 diabetes patients.J Diabetes Res. 2015; 2015: 605965
- Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: S37-S42
- Mutation H63D in the HFE gene confers risk for the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus but not for chronic complications.J Diabetes Complications. 2011; 25: 25-30
- Global diabetic retinopathy project group. Proposed international clinical diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema disease severity scales.Ophthalmology. 2003; 110: 1677-1682
- A rapid non-enzymatic method for the preparation of HMW DNA from blood for RFLP studies.Nucleic Acids Res. 1991; 19: 5444
- WINPEPI updated: computer programs for epidemiologists, and their teaching potential.Epidemiol Perspect Innov. 2011; 8: 1
- Retinal pericytes inhibit activated T cell proliferation.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011; 52: 9005-9010
- Transplantation of IL-10-transfected endothelial progenitor cells improves retinal vascular repair via suppressing inflammation in diabetic rats.Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2016; 254: 1957-1965
- Interleukin-10 promotes pathological angiogenesis by regulating macrophage response to hypoxia during development.PLoS ONE. 2008; 3: e3381
- The septic shock-associated IL-10 -1082 A > G polymorphism mediates allele-specific transcription via poly(ADP-Ribose) polymerase 1 in macrophages engulfing apoptotic cells.J Immunol. 2010; 184: 3718-3724
- Sp1 binds to the G allele of the -1087 polymorphism in the IL-10 promoter and promotes IL-10 mRNA transcription and protein production.Genes Immun. 2010; 11: 181-187
- An investigation of polymorphism in the interleukin-10 gene promoter.Eur J Immunogenet. 1997; 24: 1-8