- •Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) was used as a therapy improving outcome following brain injury.
- •HBOT resulted into higher percentage of good outcome in intracerebral hemorrhage patients.
- •HBOT was feasible and safe as adjuvant therapy in diabetes patients with intracerebral hemorrhage.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Cardiovascular risk assessment between urban and rural population in Malaysia.Med J Malaysia. 2016; 71: 331-337
- Macromolecular degradation systems and cardiovascular aging.Circ Res. 2016; 118: 1577-1592
- Hyperbaric oxygen after global cerebral ischemia in rabbits does not promote brain lipid peroxidation.Crit Care Med. 1995; 23: 1398-1404
- Functional inhibition of leukocyte B2 integrins by hyperbaricoxygen in carbon monoxide-mediated brain injury in rats.Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1993; 123: 248-256
- Hyperbaric oxygen after global cerebral ischemia in rabbits reduces brain vascular permeability and blood flow.Stroke. 1995; 26: 2307-2312
- A retrospective analysis of adverse events in hyperbaric oxygen therapy (2012–2015): lessons learned from 1.5 million treatments.Adv Skin Wound Care. 2017; 30: 125-129
- Safety and efficacy of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for the treatment of interstitial cystitis: a randomized, sham controlled, double-blind trial.J Urol. 2006; 176: 1442-1446
- Efficacy and safety of hyperbaric oxygen therapy used in patients with diabetic foot: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Clin Ther. 2017; 39: 2088-2094.e2
- Hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning attenuates hyperglycemia-enhanced hemorrhagic transformation by inhibiting matrix metalloproteinases in focal cerebral ischemia in rats.Exp Neurol. 2013; 247: 737-743
- Hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning attenuates hemorrhagic transformation through increasing PPARγ in hyperglycemic MCAO rats.Exp Neurol. 2015; 265: 22-29
- Hyperbaric oxygen-induced attenuation of hemorrhagic transformation after experimental focal transient cerebral ischemia.Stroke. 2007; 38: 1362-1367
- Hyperbaric oxygenation as an adjunct therapy in strokes due to thrombosis: a review of 122 patients.Stroke. 1980; 11: 297-300
- Neuromodulation on cervical spinal cord combined with hyperbaric oxygen in comatose patients–a preliminary report.Surg Neurol. 2009; 72: S28-34
- Hyperbaric oxygen in the treatment of patients with cerebral stroke, brain trauma, and neurologic disease.Adv Ther. 2005; 22: 659-678
- Hyperbaric oxygen in the treatment of acute ischemic stroke: a double-blind pilot study.Stroke. 1995; 26: 1369-1372
- Effects of normobaric hyperoxia in traumatic brain injury: a randomized controlled clinical trial.Trauma Mon. 2016; 21: e26772
- A prospective, randomized Phase II clinical trial to evaluate the effect of combined hyperbaric and normobaric hyperoxia on cerebral metabolism, intracranial pressure, oxygen toxicity, and clinical outcome in severe traumatic brain injury.J Neurosurg. 2013; 118: 1317-1328
- Repetitive hyperbaric oxygen treatment increases insulin sensitivity in diabetes patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhage.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2017; 13: 421-426
- Hyperbaric oxygen in acute ischemic stroke trial pilot study. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in acute ischemic stroke: results of the Hyperbaric Oxygen in Acute Ischemic Stroke Trial Pilot Study.Stroke. 2003; 34: 571-574
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy increases insulin sensitivity in overweight men with and without type 2 diabetes.Diving Hyperb Med. 2015; 45: 30-36
- Mechanisms of hyperbaric oxygen and neuroprotection in stroke.Pathophysiology. 2005; 12: 63-77
- Report of joint committee for stroke resources. IV. Brain edema in stroke.Stroke. 1977; 8: 512-540
- Reflections on the neurotherapeutic effects of hyperbaric oxygen.Expert Rev Neurother. 2014; 14: 233-236
- Effects of hyperbaric oxygen on blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes mellitus, stroke or traumatic brain injury and healthy volunteers: a prospective, crossover, controlled trial.Diving Hyperb Med. 2013; 43: 218-221