- •QTc prolongation was related with higher all-cause or cardiovascular mortality in DFU patients.
- •QTc prolongation was an independent risk factor of cardiovascular mortality in DFU population.
- •QTc interval was not associated with wound healing, recurrence and NCCVE in DFU patients.
Research design and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Long-term outcome and disability of diabetic patients hospitalized for diabetic foot ulcers: a 6.5-year follow-up study.Diab Care. 2008; 31: 1288-1292
- Survival of diabetes patients with major amputation is comparable to malignant disease.Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2015; 12: 265-271
- Diabetic foot disorders: a clinical practice guideline (2006 revision).J Foot Ankle Surg. 2006; 45: S1-S66
- Diabetic foot syndrome as a possible cardiovascular marker in diabetic patients.J Diab Res. 2015; 2015: 268390
- Cardiovascular risk profile and morbidity in subjects affected by type 2 diabetes mellitus with and without diabetic foot.Metabolism. 2008; 57: 676-682
- Clinical characteristics and mortality in patients treated in a multidisciplinary diabetic foot unit.Endocrin Diab Nutr (Engl ed.). 2017; 64: 241-249
- The association of ulceration of the foot with cardiovascular and all-cause mortality in patients with diabetes: a meta-analysis.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 2906-2912
- Association of diabetic foot ulcer and death in a population-based cohort from the United Kingdom.Diab Med. 2016; 33: 1493-1498
- Factors related to outcome of neuroischemic/ischemic foot ulcer in diabetic patients.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 53 (e2): 1582-1588
- The impact of nutritional status on treatment outcomes of patients with limb-threatening diabetic foot ulcers.J Diab Complicat. 2016; 30: 138-142
- Heart failure in hospitalized patients with diabetic foot ulcers: clinical characteristics and their relationship with prognosis.J Diab. 2013; 5: 429-438
- Nutritional status deteriorates as the severity of diabetic foot ulcers increases and independently associates with prognosis.Exp Ther Med. 2013; 5: 215-222
- Association between estimated glomerular filtration rate and outcomes in patients with diabetic foot ulcers: a 3-year follow-up study.Eur J Endocrinol. 2017; 177: 41-50
- Predictive factors for diabetic foot ulceration: a systematic review.Diab Metab Res Rev. 2012; 28: 574-600
- Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction predicts diabetic foot ulcers in patients with type 2 diabetes without diabetic polyneuropathy.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95: e3128
- Prediction of diabetic foot ulcer occurrence using commonly available clinical information: the seattle diabetic foot study.Diab Care. 2006; 29: 1202-1207
- Diabetic foot ulcer – a review on pathophysiology, classification and microbial etiology.Diab Metab Syndr. 2015; 9: 192-199
- Predictors of operative mortality following major lower extremity amputations using the national surgical quality improvement program public use data.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 58: 1276-1282
- Long-term prognosis of diabetic foot patients and their limbs: amputation and death over the course of a decade.Diab Care. 2012; 35: 2021-2027
- Prediction of outcome in individuals with diabetic foot ulcers: focus on the differences between individuals with and without peripheral arterial disease. The EURODIALE study.Diabetologia. 2008; 51: 747-755
- Congestive heart failure presence predicts delayed healing of foot ulcers in diabetes: an audit from a multidisciplinary high-risk foot clinic.J Diab Complicat. 2015; 29: 556-562
- Risk factors associated with adverse outcomes in a population-based prospective cohort study of people with their first diabetic foot ulcer.J Diab Complicat. 2007; 21: 341-349
- Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction predicts diabetic foot ulcers in patients with type 2 diabetes without diabetic polyneuropathy.Medicine. 2016; 95: e3128
- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in diabetes: clinical impact, assessment, diagnosis, and management.Diab Metab Res Rev. 2011; 27: 639-653
Rodica Pop-Busui BHB, Bernie Zinman. Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy and cardiovascular outcomes in the diabetes control and complications trial/epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications (DCCT/EDIC) study. Diab Care 2017;40(1):94–100.
- Power spectral analysis of heart rate variation in diabetic patients with neuropathic foot ulceration.Diab Care. 1998; 21: 1173-1177
- Cardiac autonomic neuropathy in diabetes mellitus: prevalence, risk factors and utility of corrected QT interval in the ECG for its diagnosis.Postgrad Med J. 2008; 84: 205-210
Joel K, Kahn JCS, Aaron I Vinik, et al. QT interval prolongation and sudden cardiac death in diabetic autonomic neuropathy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1987;64(4):751–4.
Schwartz PJ, Wolf S. QT interval prolongation as predictor of sudden death in patients with myocardial infarction. Circulation 1978;57(6):1074–7.
- Modified glomerular filtration rate estimating equation for Chinese patients with chronic kidney disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 2937-2944
Wagner FW. Algorithms of diabetic foot care. In: Levin ME, O’Neil FW, editors. The diabetic foot. 2nd ed. Mosby; St. Louis; 1996.
- Diabetic neuropathies: a statement by the American Diabetes Association.Diab Care. 2005; 28: 956-962
Gabriella Gruden, S.G., Federica Barutta, et al., QTc Interval Prolongation Is Independently Associated With Severe Hypoglycemic Attacks in Type 1 Diabetes From the EURODIAB IDDM Complications Study. Diab Care, 2012. 35: p. 125–127.
Amanda J. Cox, A.A.J.Y., Heart Rate–Corrected QT Interval Is an Independent Predictor of AllCause and Cardiovascular Mortality in Individuals WithType 2 Diabetes: The Diabetes Heart Study. Diab Care, 2014. 37: p. 1454–1461.
- Heart rate-corrected QT interval prolongation as a prognostic marker for 3-year survival in people with Type 2 diabetes undergoing above-ankle amputation.Diabet Med. 2015; 32: 679-685
- The impact of metabolic control and QTc prolongation on all-cause mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes and foot ulcers.Diabetologia. 2013; 56: 1140-1147
Gabriella Gruden MT, Sara Giunti et al. QTc interval prolongation is independently associated with severe hypoglycemicattacks in type1 diabetes from the EURODIAB IDDM complications study. Diab Care 2012;35:125–7.
- Prolonged cardiac repolarisation during spontaneous nocturnal hypoglycaemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Diabetologia. 2004; 47: 1940-1947
Landstedt-Hallin L, Englund A, Adamson U, Lins P-E. Increased QT dispersion during hypoglycaemia in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Internal Med 1999;246:299–307.
- Epidemiologic relationships between A1C and all-cause mortality during a median 3.4-year follow-up of glycemic treatment in the ACCORD trial.Diab Care. 2010; 33: 983-990
Standards of medical care in diabetes-2017 abridged for primary care providers. Clin Diab 2017;35(1):5–26.
- Diabetic foot ulcer severity predicts mortality among veterans with type 2 diabetes.J Diab Complicat. 2017; 31: 556-561
Jaiswal Mamta, Urbina Elaine M, et al. Reduced heart rate variability is associated with increased arterial stiffness in youth with type1 diabetes. Diab Care 2013;36:2351–8.
- Decreased heart rate variability may predict the progression of carotid atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetes.Clin Auton Res. 2006; 16: 228-234
- Simultaneous heart rate variability monitoring enhances the predictive value of flow-mediated dilation in ischemic heart disease.Circ J. 2013; 77: 1018-1025
Whitsel Eric A, Boyko EJ, Siscovick David S, et al. Reassessing the role of QTc in the diagnosis of autonomic failure among patients with diabetes. Diab Care 2000;23:241–7.
- Lower-extremity arterial calcification as a correlate of coronary artery calcification.Metabolism. 2006; 55: 1689-1696
- Heart rate-corrected QT interval prolongation as a prognostic marker for 3-year survival in people with type 2 diabetes undergoing above-ankle amputation.Diabet Med. 2015; 32: 679-685