- •This ischemic stroke risk predictive model is the first model established for Taiwanese patients with type 2 diabetes.
- •The risk prediction exhibited prediction accuracy and discriminatory ability.
- •The risk score is a useful screening tool for preventing ischemic stroke in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- UKPDS 60: risk of stroke in type 2 diabetes estimated by the UK Prospective Diabetes Study risk engine.Stroke; J Cerebral Circ. 2002; 33: 1776-1781
- Sino-MONICA project: a collaborative study on trends and determinants in cardiovascular diseases in China, Part i: morbidity and mortality monitoring.Circulation. 2001; 103: 462-468
- Prediction of incident diabetes mellitus in middle-aged adults: the Framingham Offspring Study.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1068-1074
- Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories.Circulation. 1998; 97: 1837-1847
Schnabel RB, Sullivan LM, Levy D, Pencina MJ, Massaro JM, D'Agostino RB, Sr, et al. Development of a risk score for atrial fibrillation (Framingham Heart Study): a community-based cohort study. Lancet (London, England). 2009;373:739–45.
- Predicting the 30-year risk of cardiovascular disease: the framingham heart study.Circulation. 2009; 119: 3078-3084
- Profile for estimating risk of heart failure.Arch Intern Med. 1999; 159: 1197-1204
- A risk score for predicting stroke or death in individuals with new-onset atrial fibrillation in the community: the Framingham heart study.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1049-1056
- Coronary heart disease risk prediction in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 880-890
- Diabetes risk score: towards earlier detection of type 2 diabetes in general practice.Diabetes/Metabolism Res Rev. 2000; 16: 164-171
- Stroke risk profile: adjustment for antihypertensive medication. The Framingham study.Stroke; J Cerebral Circ. 1994; 25: 40-43
- A risk score predicted coronary heart disease and stroke in a Chinese cohort.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 951-958
- Constructing the prediction model for the risk of stroke in a Chinese population: report from a cohort study in Taiwan.Stroke; J Cereb Circ. 2010; 41: 1858-1864
- Development of a point-based prediction model for the incidence of total stroke: Japan public health center study.Stroke; J Cerebral Circ. 2013; 44: 1295-1302
- Risk factors for myocardial infarction case fatality and stroke case fatality in type 2 diabetes: UKPDS 66.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 201-207
- Development and validation of stroke risk equation for Hong Kong Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes: the Hong Kong Diabetes Registry.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 65-70
- Visit-to-visit variability of fasting plasma glucose as predictor of ischemic stroke: competing risk analysis in a national cohort of Taiwan Diabetes Study.BMC Med. 2014; 12: 165
- Global burden of cardiovascular diseases: part I: general considerations, the epidemiologic transition, risk factors, and impact of urbanization.Circulation. 2001; 104: 2746-2753
Chiu M, Austin PC, Manuel DG, Tu JV. Comparison of cardiovascular risk profiles among ethnic groups using population health surveys between 1996 and 2007. CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l'Association medicale canadienne. 2010;182:E301–10.
- The Incidence of major cardiovascular events in immigrants to Ontario, Canada: the CANHEART immigrant study.Circulation. 2015; 132: 1549-1559
- Association of the adiponectin gene variations with risk of ischemic stroke in a Korean population.Yonsei Med J. 2011; 52: 20-25
- Identification of CELSR1 as a susceptibility gene for ischemic stroke in Japanese individuals by a genome-wide association study.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 207: 144-149
- Association between 12p13 SNP rs11833579 and ischemic stroke in Asian population: an updated meta-analysis.J Neurol Sci. 2014; 345: 198-201
- Stroke genetics: a review and update.J Stroke. 2014; 16: 114-123
- A1C variability and the risk of microvascular complications in type 1 diabetes: data from the diabetes control and complications trial.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 2198-2202
- Validation of acute myocardial infarction cases in the national health insurance research database in taiwan.J Epidemiol/Japan Epidemiol Assoc. 2014; 24: 500-507
- Validity of in-hospital mortality data among patients with acute myocardial infarction or stroke in National Health Insurance Research Database in Taiwan.Int J Cardiol. 2015; 201: 96-101
Hosmer Jr DW LS. Applied logistic regression: John Wiley & Sons; 2004.
- Comparison of stopping rules in forward “stepwise” regression.J Am Stat Assoc. 1977; 72: 46-53
- The impact of confounder selection criteria on effect estimation.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 125-137
- Presentation of multivariate data for clinical use: the Framingham Study risk score functions.Stat Med. 2004; 23: 1631-1660
Pencina MJ, D'Agostino RB, Sr., D'Agostino RB, Jr., Vasan RS. Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond. Statistics in medicine. 2008;27:157–72. [discussion 207–12].
Lee MH, Yang HI, Liu J, Batrla-Utermann R, Jen CL, Iloeje UH, et al. Prediction models of long-term cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in chronic hepatitis B patients: risk scores integrating host and virus profiles. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md). 2013;58:546–54.
- An accurate risk score for estimation 5-year risk of type 2 diabetes based on a health screening population in Taiwan.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009; 85: 228-234