Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- The impact of primary care organization on avoidable hospital admissions for diabetes in 23 countries.Scand J Prim Health Care. 2016; 34: 5-12
- Diabetes in Europe: an update.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014; 103: 206-217
Centers for disease control and prevention. 2014 National diabetes statistics report. Centers for disease control and prevention; 2014.
AIHW. How many Australians have diabetes? Canberra Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2017.
Erny-Albrecht K, Bywood P, Oliver-Baxter J. The role of primary care in primary and secondary prevention of diabetes and related complications: PHCRIS Policy Issue Review. Adelaide primary health care research & information service; 2015.
- Association of processes of primary care and hospitalisation for people with diabetes: a record linkage study.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015; 108: 296-305
- A systematic review of evidence on the association between hospitalisation for chronic disease related ambulatory care sensitive conditions and primary health care resourcing.BMC Health Serv Res. 2013; 13: 336
- Organizational aspects of primary care related to avoidable hospitalization: a systematic review.Fam Pract. 2014; 31: 502-516
- Regular primary care lowers hospitalisation risk and mortality in seniors with chronic respiratory diseases.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 766-773
- Impact of primary care on hospital admission rates for diabetes patients: a systematic review.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017; 129: 182-196
- Effects of the Medicare enhanced primary care program on primary care physician contact in the population of older Western Australians with chronic diseases.Australian Health Rev. 2011; 35: 334-340
- Cluster analysis and its application to healthcare claims data: a study of end-stage renal disease patients who initiated hemodialysis.BMC Nephrol. 2016; 17: 25
- The clustering of health behaviours in Ireland and their relationship with mental health, self-rated health and quality of life.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 692
- The use and reporting of cluster analysis in health psychology: a review.Brit J Health Psychol. 2005; 10: 329-358
- Cluster analysis and display of genome-wide expression patterns.PNAS. 1998; 95: 14863-14868
- Population-based linkage of health records in Western Australia: development of a health services research linked database.Aust N Z J Public Health. 1999; 23: 453-459
- Stratification strategy for evaluating the influence of diabetes complication severity index on the risk of hospitalization: a record linkage data in Western Australia.J Diabetes Complications. 2017; 31: 1175-1180
- A set of performance indicators across the health and aged care system.Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra2008
- Determinants of diabetes-attributable non-blood glucose-lowering medication costs in type 2 diabetes: the Fremantle Diabetes Study.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 329-336
- Strategic database marketing.McGraw-Hill Pub. Co., 2005
- Data mining application in customer relationship management for hospital inpatients.Healthcare Inform Res. 2012; 18: 178-185
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of population and housing: socio-economic indexes for areas Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2001 2006 & 2011.
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of population and housing: socio-economic indexes for areas. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 1981–2006.
- Diabetes complications severity index and risk of mortality, hospitalization, and healthcare utilization.Am J Manage Care. 2008; 14: 15-23
- A multipurpose comorbidity scoring system performed better than the Charlson index.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 1006-1014
- A dendrite method for cluster analysis.Commun Stat. 1974; 3: 1-27
- Multivariate regression models for panel data.J Economet. 1982; 18: 5-46
- On the pooling of time series and cross section data.Econometrica. 1978; 46: 69-85
- No-shows to primary care appointments: subsequent acute care utilization among diabetic patients.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 304
Bywood P, Katterl R, Lunnay B. Disparities in primary health care utilisation: Who are the disadvantaged groups? How are they disadvantaged? What interventions work?. PHCRIS Policy Issue Review. Adelaide: Primary Health Care Research & Information Service; 2011.
- Access to primary health care services for Indigenous peoples: a framework synthesis.Int J Equity Health. 2016; 15: 163
- Comorbidity in patients with diabetes mellitus: impact on medical health care utilization.BMC Health Serv Res. 2006; 6: 84
- Multimorbidity of chronic diseases and health care utilization in general practice.BMC Family Pract. 2014; 15: 61
- Comorbidity and its relationship with health service use and cost in community-living older adults with diabetes: a population-based study in Ontario, Canada.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016; 122: 113-123
- Relationship between avoidable hospitalizations for diabetes mellitus and income level.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 101-106
- On the concept of health capital and the demand for health.J Polit Econ. 1972; 80: 223-255
- The demand for preventive care services and its relationship with inpatient services.Health policy (Amsterdam, Netherlands). 2010; 94: 164-174
- Panel data analysis—advantages and challenges.TEST. 2007; 16: 1-22
- Global health care use by patients with type-2 diabetes: does the type of comorbidity matter?.Eur J Internal Med. 2015; 26: 203-210
- The importance of historical address information in longitudinal studies using administrative health data.Int J Epidemiol. 2017; (In press)