Abbreviations:T2DM (type 2 diabetes mellitus), BMI (body mass index), DKD (diabetic kidney dysfunction), WHR (waist hip ratio), SBP (systolic blood pressure), DBP (diastolic blood pressure), HbA1c (Hemoglobin A1c), BUN (blood urea nitrogen), GFR (glomerular filtrate rate), ESC (electrochemical skin conductance), eGFR (estimated glomerular filtrate rate), CI (confidence interval), MDRD (modification of diet in renal disease), EPI (epidemiology collaboration), EA (European Americans), AA (African Americans), μS (micro-Siemens), IQR (interquartile range), UACR (urine albumin: creatinine ratio), 99mTc-DTPA (99mTc-diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Sudoscan, a noninvasive tool for detecting diabetic small fiber neuropathy and autonomic dysfunction.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2013; 15: 948-953
- Evaluation of EZSCAN as a screening tool for impaired glucose metabolism.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013; 100: 210-214
- Quick and simple evaluation of sudomotor function for screening of diabetic neuropathy.ISRN Endocrinol. 2012; 2012: 103714
- A new non-invasive technology to screen for dysglycaemia including diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2010; 88: 302-306
Zhu L, Zhao X, Zeng P, Zhu J, Yang S, et al. Study on autonomic dysfunction and metabolic syndrome in Chinese patients. J Diabetes Investig 2016.
- Relationships between electrochemical skin conductance and kidney disease in Type 2 diabetes.J Diabetes Complications. 2014; 28: 56-60
- The clinical utility of SUDOSCAN in chronic kidney disease in chinese patients with type 2 diabetes.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10: e0134981
- Comparison of 99mTc-DTPA renal dynamic imaging with modified MDRD equation for glomerular filtration rate estimation in Chinese patients in different stages of chronic kidney disease.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007; 22: 417-423
Mao F, Liu S, Qiao X, Zheng H, Xiong Q, et al. Sudoscan is an effective screening method for asymptomatic diabetic neuropathy in Chinese type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. J Diabetes Investig 2016.
- The new age of sudomotor function testing: a sensitive and specific biomarker for diagnosis, estimation of severity, monitoring progression, and regression in response to intervention.Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2015; 6: 94
- Assessment of small fiber neuropathy through a quick, simple and non invasive method in a German diabetes outpatient clinic.Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2013; 121: 80-83
- Association of EZSCAN values with arterial stiffness in individuals without diabetes or cardiovascular disease.PLoS ONE. 2014; 9: e90854
- Electrochemical skin conductance in diabetic kidney disease.Am J Nephrol. 2015; 41: 438-447
- Autonomic test by EZSCAN in the screening for prediabetes and diabetes.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8: e56480
- New vistas in the diagnosis of diabetic polyneuropathy.Endocrine. 2014; 47: 690-698
- Sudomotor function as a tool for cardiorespiratory fitness level evaluation: comparison with maximal exercise capacity.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2014; 11: 5839-5848
- The diagnostic utility of Sudoscan for distal symmetric peripheral neuropathy.J Diabetes Complications. 2014; 28: 511-516
- SUDOSCAN: a simple, rapid, and objective method with potential for screening for diabetic peripheral neuropathy.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10: e0138224
- A new tool to detect kidney disease in Chinese type 2 diabetes patients: comparison of EZSCAN with standard screening methods.Diabetes Technol Ther. 2011; 13: 937-943
- Diabetic neuropathies: update on definitions, diagnostic criteria, estimation of severity, and treatments.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 2285-2293
- Implications of the CKD-EPI GFR estimation equation in clinical practice.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 6: 497-504
- Performance of the CKD-EPI creatinine-Cystatin C glomerular filtration rate estimation equations in a multiethnic Asian population.Singapore Med J. 2014; 55: 656-659