- •Triple-goal achievement reduces risks for diabetes complications and mortality.
- •Compared to A1c and BP, achieving LDL-C goal is more likely to reduce risks.
- •Multi-faceted diabetes management may improve long-term health outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Projection of the year 2050 burden of diabetes in the US adult population: dynamic modeling of incidence, mortality, and prediabetes prevalence.Popul Health Metr. 2010; 8: 29
- Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2012.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 1033-1046
- Prevalence and risk factors for diabetic microvascular complications in newly diagnosed type II diabetes mellitus. Sankara Nethralaya Diabetic Retinopathy Epidemiology and Molecular Genetic Study (SN-DREAMS, report 27).J Diabetes Complicat. 2012; 26: 123-128
- Health care resource utilization and costs during episodes of care for type 2 diabetes mellitus-related comorbidities.J Diabetes Complicat. 2014;
- Clinical and metabolic characteristics of newly diagnosed diabetes patients: experience of a university hospital in Tunis.Diabetes Metab. 2006; 32: 632-635
- Benchmarking is associated with improved quality of care in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 3388-3395
- Independent contribution of A1C, systolic blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol control to risk of cardiovascular disease hospitalizations in type 2 diabetes: an observational cohort study.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 691-697
- Effects of treatment targets on subsequent cardiovascular events in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 953-959
- Is glycemic control improving in U.S. adults?.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 81-86
- Clinical and economic benefits associated with the achievement of both HbA1c and LDL cholesterol goals in veterans with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 3297-3304
- Multifactorial intervention and cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 383-393
- Effect of a multifactorial intervention on mortality in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 580-591
- Defining the relationship between plasma glucose and HbA(1c): analysis of glucose profiles and HbA(1c) in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 275-278
- A tutorial on propensity score estimation for multiple treatments using generalized boosted models.Stat Med. 2013; 32: 3388-3414
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Risk factors for coronary artery disease in non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus: United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS: 23).BMJ. 1998; 316: 823-828
- Standards of medical care in diabetes–2015: summary of revisions.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: S4
- Effects of combination lipid therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1563-1574
- Ezetimibe added to statin therapy after acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2387-2397
- Efficacy and safety of evolocumab in reducing lipids and cardiovascular events.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1500-1509
- Standards of medical care in diabetes–2014.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37 (S14–80)
- 2014 evidence-based guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults: report from the panel members appointed to the Eighth Joint National Committee (JNC 8).JAMA. 2014; 311: 507-520
- Effects of intensive blood-pressure control in type 2 diabetes mellitus.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1575-1585
- Effects of a fixed combination of perindopril and indapamide on macrovascular and microvascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (the ADVANCE trial): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2007; 370: 829-840
- Follow-up of blood-pressure lowering and glucose control in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 1392-1406
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2560-2572
- Effects of intensive glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2545-2559
- Novel determinants preventing achievement of major cardiovascular targets in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Metab Synd: Clin Res Rev. 2014; 8: 145-151