- •Difference in DPP-4 activity exists between persons with T1, T2 diabetes and LADA.
- •Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity is highest in persons with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults.
- •Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity correlates with glutamic acid autoantibody.
- •Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors might be considered in treatment of autoimmune diabetes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: S62-S69
- Genetics, pathogenesis and clinical interventions in type 1 diabetes.Nature. 2010; 464: 1293-1300
- Immunobiology of autoimmunity.in: Eisenbarth G.S. Endocrine and organ specific autoimmunity. RG Landes, Austin (TX)1999: 1-18
- Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) should be less latent.Diabetologia. 2005; 48: 2206-2212
- A 12-year prospective study of the relationship between islet antibodies and beta-cell function at and after the diagnosis in persons with adult-onset diabetes.Diabetes. 2002; 51: 1754-1762
- Diabetes-related antibodies in adult diabetic persons.Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 19: 119-133
- Time to insulin initiation cannot be used in defining latent autoimmune diabetes in adults.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 439-441
- Islet autoantibodies in clinically diagnosed type 2 diabetes: prevalence and the relationship with metabolic control (UKPDS 70).Diabetologia. 2005; 48: 695-702
- Effect of vildagliptin add-on treatment to metformin on plasma asymmetric dimethylarginine in type 2 diabetes mellitus persons.Drug Des Devel Ther. 2014; 8: 239-243
- Reduction of both β cell death and α cell proliferation by dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition in a streptozotocin-induced model of diabetes in mice.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 404-412
- Treatment with the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor vildagliptin improves fasting islet-cell function in subjects with type 2 diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 81-88
- β Cell function following 1 year vildagliptin or placebo treatment and after 12 week washout in drug-naive persons with type 2 diabetes and mild hyperglycaemia: a randomised controlled trial.Diabetologia. 2011; 54: 1985-1991
- The dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor vildagliptin improves β-cell function and insulin sensitivity in subjects with impaired fasting glucose.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 108-113
- The DPP-4 inhibitor linagliptin restores β-cell function and survival in human isolated islets through GLP-1 stabilization.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 98: E1163-E1172
- Reversal of new-onset diabetes through modulating inflammation and stimulating β-cell replication in nonobese diabetic mice by a dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor.Endocrinology. 2010; 151: 3049-3060
- The DPP4 inhibitor linagliptin delays the onset of diabetes and preserves β-cell mass in non-obese diabetic mice.J Endocrinol. 2012; 214: 381-387
- Elevated serum dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity in type 1 diabetes mellitus: a direct comparison.Orv Hetil. 2010; 151: 899-902
- Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor sitagliptin maintains β-cell function in persons with recent-onset latent autoimmune diabetes in adults: one year prospective study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014; 99 ([Epub 2014 Jan 16]): E80-E876https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2013-3633
- Guidelines and recommendations for laboratory analysis in the diagnosis and management of diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: e61-e99
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity might be a link between tumour necrosis factor alpha and insulin resistance in type 1 diabetes.Endocrine. 2016; 53: 453-458
- Adipose dipeptidyl peptidase-4 and obesity: correlation with insulin resistance and depot-specific release from adipose tissue in vivo and in vitro.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36 ([PMID: 24130353]): 4083-4090https://doi.org/10.2337/dc13-0496
- Shedding of dipeptidyl peptidase 4 is mediated by metalloproteases and up-regulated by hypoxia in human adipocytes and smooth muscle cells.FEBS Lett. 2014; 588 ([November 3, Epub 2014 Sep 12. PMID: 25217834]): 3870-3877https://doi.org/10.1016/j.febslet.2014.08.029
- Dipeptidyl-peptidase IV from bench to bedside: an update on structural properties, functions, and clinical aspects of the enzyme DPP IV.Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2003; 40 ([PMID: 12892317]): 209-294
- Higher serum DPP-4 enzyme activity and decreased lymphocyte CD26 expression in type 1 diabetes.Pathol Oncol Res. 2011; 17 ([PMID: 23817599]): 925-930https://doi.org/10.1515/jpem-2013-0122
- Serum dipeptidyl peptidase 4 activity in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 26: 1093-1097
- Serum dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity in insulin resistant persons with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a novel liver disease biomarker.PLoS ONE. 2010; 5: e12226https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0012226
- The structure and function of CD26 in the T-cell immune response.Immunol Rev. 1998; 161: 55-70
- C-peptide levels in latent autoimmune diabetes in adults treated with linagliptin vs glimepiride: exploratory results from a 2-year double-blind randomized controlled study.Endocr Rev. 2012; 33: SUN-LB1