- •CNV analysis was carried out on a total of 1715 individuals from 12 populations.
- •34.4% of the total population to be under CNV burden for T2DM.
- •Eighty-three disease causal and associated genes were found under CNV influence.
- •Overlap studies with case cohorts revealed CNV influence on significant disease risk genes such as EGFR, E2F1, PPP1R3A, HLA and TSPAN8.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
WHO Diabetes; 1999.
- Genetics of type 2 diabetes—pitfalls and possibilities.Genes. 2015; 6: 87-123
- Genetic screening for the risk of type 2 diabetes worthless or valuable?.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: S120-S126
- A copy number variation map of the human genome.Nat Rev Genet. 2015; 16: 172-183
- Molecular mechanisms for genomic disorders.Annu Rev Genom Hum Genet. 2002; 3: 199-242
- Impact of copy number variations burden on coding genome in humans using integrated high resolution arrays.Genet Res. 2014; 96: e17
- A comprehensive analysis of common copy-number variations in the human genome.Am J Hum Genet. 2007; 80: 91-104
- Genetic and environmental factors associated with type 2 diabetes and diabetic vascular complications.Rev Diabet Stud. 2012; 9: 6-22
- The international HapMap project.Nature. 2003; 426: 789-796
Affymetrix Inc. Data Sheet: Genome Wide Human SNP Array 6.0; 2009.
BirdSuite Algorithm. Available from 〈http://www.broad.mit.edu/mpg/birdsuite/birdseed.html〉 [accessed 13.02.13].
White Paper: Affymetrix Canary Algorithm Version 1.0.; 2008, p. 1–7.
Bozeman MT: Golden Helix, Inc. SNP & Variation Suite (Version 7.x) [Software]. Available from 〈http://www.goldenhelix.com〉 [accessed 13.01.13].
Affymetrix Inc. Technical Note: Guide to Probe Logarithmic Intensity Error (PLIER) Estimation; 2005.
Affymetrix Inc. White Paper: BRLMM-P: A Genotype Calling Method for the SNP Array 5.0; 2007.
Affymetrix Inc. User manual: Genotyping Console Software 2.1; 2008.
- Principal components analysis corrects for stratification in genome-wide association studies.Nat Genet. 2006; 38: 904-909
- Enrichr: interactive and collaborative HTML5 gene list enrichment analysis tool.BMC Bioinform. 2013; 14: 128
- WebGestalt: an integrated system for exploring gene sets in various biological contexts.Nucleic Acids Res. 2005; 33: W741-W748
PA®, QIAGEN Redwood City 〈www.qiagen.com/ingenuity〉.
- HD-CNV: hotspot detector for copy number variants.Bioinformatics. 2013; 29: 262-263
- Boland JC Representation of a finite graph by a set of intervals on the real line.Fundam Math. 1962; 51: 45-64
- Circos: an information aesthetic for comparative genomics.Genome Res. 2009; 19: 1639-1645
- The genetic effect of copy number variations on the risk of type 2 diabetes in a Korean population.Plos One. 2011; : e19091
- Copy number variation: markers and predictors for type 2 diabetes.Rev Med Ins Mex Seguro Soc. 2014; 53: 348-355
- Copy number polymorphism in Fcgr3 predisposes to glomerulonephritis in rats and humans.Nature. 2006; 439: 851-855
- Chromosome 8 gene-cluster polymorphism with low human beta-defensin 2 gene copy number predisposes to Crohn disease of the colon.Am J Hum Genet. 2006; b79: 439-448
- Deletion polymorphism of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B17 and risk of prostate cancer in African American and Caucasian men.Cancer Epidemiol Biomark Prev. 2006; 15: 1473-1478
- FCGR3B copy number variation is associated with susceptibility to systemic, but not organ specific, autoimmunity.Nat Genet. 2007; 39: 721-723
- Psoriasis is associated with increased beta-defensin genomic copy number.Nat Genet. 2008; 40: 23-25
- Bias of selection on human copy-number variants.PLoS Genet. 2006; 2: e20
- Relative burden of large CNVs on a range of neurodevelopmental phenotypes.PLoS Genet. 2011; 7: e1002334https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pgen.1002334
- Genome-wide association study and meta-analysis find that over 40 loci affect risk of type 1 diabetes.Nat Genet. 2009; 41: 703-707
- Genome-wide association study of CNVs in 16,000 cases of eight common diseases and 3,000 shared controls.Nature. 2010; 464: 713-720