Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- International Diabetes Federation International Diabetes Federation Atlas.5th ed. International Diabetes Federation, Brussels, Belgium2011
- Global Tuberculosis Control 2009: Epidemiology, Strategy, Financing.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2010 (Available at: www.whoint/tb/publications/global_report/2009 [accessed 10.11.12])
- Diabetes mellitus increases the risk of active tuberculosis: a systematic review of 13 observational studies.PLoS Med. 2008; 5: e152
- Prevalence of diabetes and pre-diabetes and associated risk factors among tuberculosis patients in India.PLoS ONE. 2012; 7: e41367
- High diabetes prevalence among tuberculosis cases in Kerala, India.PLoS ONE. 2012; 7: e46502
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications.Report of WHO consultation. Part 1: Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. World Health Organization, Geneva1999
- Identifying dysglycemic states in older adults: implications of the emerging use of hemoglobin A1c.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95: 5289-5295
- Pros and cons of diagnosing diabetes with A1c.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 184-190
- International Expert committee report on the role of the A1c assay in the diagnosis of diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1327-1334
- HbA1c for the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus in a developing country. A position article.Arch Med Res. 2010; 41: 302-308
- Variability in the relationship between mean plasma glucose and HbA1c: implications for the assessment of glycemic control.Clin Chem. 2007; 53: 897-901
- Performance of an A1c and fasting capillary blood glucose test for screening newly diagnosed diabetes and pre-diabetes defined by an oral glucose tolerance test in Qingdao, China.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 545-550
- A1c cut points to define various glucose intolerance groups in Asian Indians.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 515-519
- A1c and diabetes diagnosis among Filipino Americans, Japanese Americans, and Native Hawaiians.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 2626-2628
- A comparison of HbA1c and fasting blood sugar tests in general population.Int J Prev Med. 2010; 1: 187-194
RNTCP at a glance. Available at: http://uttarkashi.nic.in/Dept/Health/RNTCP/RNTCP.pdf [accessed 25.02.12].
- Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: S11-S61
- Understanding diagnostic tests 3: receiver operating characteristic curves.Acta Paediatr. 2007; 96: 644-647
- Glycated heamoglobin A1c for diagnosing diabetes in Chinese population. Cross sectional epidemiological survey.BMJ. 2010; 340: 2249-2257
- The use of HbA1C in the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus type 2 in high risk subjects.Int J Diabetes Metab. 2010; 18: 25-28
- Consequences of bias and inprecision in measurements of glucose and HbA1c for the diagnosis and prognosis of diabetes mellitus.Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl. 2005; 240: 51-60
☆Data from the manuscript have been presented at The American Diabetes Association's 72nd Scientific Sessions, June 8–12, 2012, at Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA.