Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- National Nutrition and Health Survey (NNHeS): atherosclerosis-related diseases and risk factors.Phil J Intern Med. 2005; 43: 103-115
- Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030.Diabetes Care. 2004; 24: 1047-1053
- Temporal trends in the prevalence of diabetes mellitus in a rural community in Sri Lanka.J R Soc Promot Health. 2004; 124: 92-94
Castillo EC. The effects of diabetes education intervention package on the knowledge, beliefs and attitudes, practices, and FBS values of persons with Type 2 diabetes mellitus. University of the Philippines Manila College of Public Health; 2003 [Unpublished].
- Culturally competent diabetes education for Mexican Americans: the Starr County Study.Diabetes Educ. 1999; 25: 226-236
- The health belief model applied to understanding diabetes regimen compliance.Diabetes Educ. 1995; 11: 41-47
- International standards for diabetes education.IDF Consultative Section on Diabetes Education, 2003
- A community-based, culturally sensitive education and group-support intervention for Mexican Americans with NIDDM: a pilot study of efficacy.Diabetes Educ. 1995; 21: 203-210
- Diabetes self-management among low-income Spanish-speaking patients: a pilot study.Ann behave Med. 2005; 29: 225-235
- A feasibility study of a culturally tailored diabetes intervention for Mexican Americans.Biol Res Nurs. 2007; 9: 130-141
- Effectiveness of culture-specific diabetes care for Surinam south Asian patients in the Hague.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 1997
- The role of culture and religion in the management of diabetes: a study of Kashmiri men in Leeds.J R Soc Promot Health. 2003; 123: 110-116
- The reliability and validity of a brief diabetes knowledge test.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: 706-710
- Psychometric development of an instrument to measure acquisition of diabetes knowledge.Am J Pharm Educ. 1994; 58: 151-156
- The third version of the diabetes attitude scale.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: 1403-1407
- A survey of diabetes-related attitudes among patients at the UP-PGH patient department using the Filipino version of the Diabetes Attitude Scale (DAS-3).Phil J Intern Med. 2004; 42: 261-274
Amarillo L. People's survey of the knowledge, attitudes, and behavior on diabetes mellitus in Metro Manila. Foundation for the Advancement of Clinical Epidemiology, Inc.; May 2006 [Unpublished].
- A survey of diabetes knowledge among type 2 diabetes patients at UP-PGH using the Filipino version of American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE) knowledge evaluation form.Phil J Intern Med. 2006; 44: 225-230
☆Presented at the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) 20th World Diabetes Congress in Montréal, Canada last October 18–22, 2009 (Oral Presentation).