Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Projection of diabetes burden through 2050: impact of changing demography and disease prevalence in the U.S.Diabetes Care. 2001; 24: 1936-1940
- Cognitive decline and dementia in diabetes—systematic overview of prospective observational studies.Diabetologia. 2005; 48: 2460-2469
- Alcohol, dementia and cognitive decline in the elderly: a systematic review.Age Ageing. 2008; 37: 505-512
- Effects of moderate alcohol consumption on cognitive function in women.N. Engl. J. Med. 2005; 352: 245-253
- A cross-sectional study of alcohol consumption patterns and biologic markers of glycemic control among 459 women.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 1971-1978
- Effects of moderate alcohol intake on fasting insulin and glucose concentrations and insulin sensitivity in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2559-2562
- Effect of alcohol consumption on diabetes mellitus: a systematic review.Ann. Intern. Med. 2004; 140: 211-219
Classification and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and other categories of glucose intolerance. National Diabetes Data Group, Diabetes 28 (1979) 1039–1057.
Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes Care 20 (1997) 1183–1197.
- Physical activity and incidence of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in women.Lancet. 1991; 338: 774-778
- Telephone Interview for Cognitive Status: Professional Manual.Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc., Lutz2003
- Use of brief cognitive tests to identify individuals in the community with clinically diagnosed Alzheimer's disease.Int. J. Neurosci. 1991; 57: 167-178
- The Consortium to Establish a Registry for Alzheimer's Disease (CERAD). Part V. A normative study of the neuropsychological battery.Neurology. 1994; 44: 609-614
- The preclinical phase of alzheimer disease: a 22-year prospective study of the Framingham Cohort.Arch. Neurol. 2000; 57: 808-813
- The course of cognitive impairment in preclinical Alzheimer disease: three- and 6-year follow-up of a population-based sample.Arch. Neurol. 2000; 57: 839-844
- The assessment of alcohol consumption by a simple self-administered questionnaire.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1991; 133: 810-817
- Linear mixed effects models.Applied Longitudinal Analysis. Wiley, Hoboken2004 (187-236)
- A prospective assessment of moderate alcohol intake and major chronic diseases.Ann. Epidemiol. 1990; 1: 167-177
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National diabetes fact sheet: general information and national estimates on diabetes in the United States, 2005. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, 2005.
- Light to moderate alcohol drinking is associated with higher cognitive function in males with type 2 diabetes.Exp. Aging Res. 2008; 34: 126-137
- Smoking, drinking, and thinking. The Zutphen Elderly Study.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1996; 143: 219-227
- Relation of drinking alcohol to atherosclerotic risk in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 1223-1228
- Moderate alcohol intake and markers of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction among diabetic men.Diabetologia. 2004; 47: 1760-1767
- The relationship between alcohol consumption and glycemic control among patients with diabetes: the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Diabetes Registry.J. Gen. Intern. Med. 2008; 23: 275-282
- Intraneuronal Abeta accumulation and origin of plaques in Alzheimer's disease.Neurobiol. Aging. 2005; 26: 1235-1244