Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Long term intake of dietary fiber and decreased risk of coronary heart disease among women.JAMA. 1999; 281: 1998-2004
- Oat products and lipid lowering.JAMA. 1992; 267: 3317-3325
- Colesterol lowering effects of dietary fiber: a metanalysis.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1999; 69: 30-42
- Carbohydrate-induced hypertriacylglycerolemia: historical perspective and review of biological mechanisms.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 71: 412-433
- Should a low fat, high-carbohydrate diet be recommended for everyone?.N. Engl. J. Med. 1997; 337: 562-567
Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood cholesterol in Adults, Executive summary of the third report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol on Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III), JAMA 285 (2001) 2486–2497.
J. Mataix, M. Mañas, Tablas de composición de alimentos españoles, third ed., University of Granada, 1998.
- Serum cholesterol, lipoproteins, and risk of coronary artery disease: the Framingham study.Ann. Int. Med. 1971; 74: 1-12
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarctation in patients with average cholesterol levels.N. Engl. J. Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- Cholesterol-lowering effects of dietary fiber: a meta-analysis.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1999; 69: 30-42
- Dietary fibre and plasma lipids.Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 1995; 49: S105-S109
- Beneficial effects of high dietary intake in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.N. Engl. J. Med. 2000; 342: 1392-1398
- Effects of stabilized rice bran, its soluble and fiber fractions on blood glucose levels and serum lipid parameters in humans with diabetes mellitus types I and II.J. Nutr. Biochem. 2002; 13: 175-187
- African plant foods rich in non-starch polysaccharides reduce postprandial blood glucose and insulin concentrations in healthy human subjects.Br. J. Nutr. 1998; 80: 419-428
- Dietary fiber: hyperlipidemia, hypertension and coronary artery disease.Am. J. Gastroenterol. 1986; 81: 907-919
- The effects of dietary fiber feeding on cholesterol metabolism in rats.J. Nutr. 1990; 120: 800-805