Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice
- Diabetic neuropathies and pain.Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1986; 15: 917-934
- The neuropathies associated with diabetes mellitus: a clinical and electromyographic study of 103 unselected diabetic patients.Neurology. 1961; 11: 275-284
- The natural history of painful diabetic neuropathy: a 4 year study.Postgrad. Med. 1983; J 59: 556-559
- What causes neuropathic pain?.J. Diabetes Complications. 1992; 6: 58-63
- The effect of intensive diabetic therapy on the development and progression of neuropathy.Ann. Intern. Med. 1995; 122: 361-368
- Diabetic neuropathy.Ann. Neurol. 1984; 5: 2-12
- Sensory afferent impulses originate from dorsal root ganglia as well as from the periphery in normal and nerve injured rats.Pain. 1983; 17: 321-327
- Painful diabetic neuropathy: a morphometric study.Arch. Neurol. 1976; 33: 164-171
- Pain relief in diabetic neuropathy: the effectiveness of imipramine and related drugs.Diabetic Med. 1985; 2: 262-266
- Pain and diabetic neuropathy.Br. Med. J. 1984; 288: 168-169
- Treatment of chronic painful diabetic neuropathy with intravenous lidocaine infusion.Br. Med. J. 1986; 292: 173
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in the management of painful diabetic neuropathy.Diabetes Care. 1982; 5: 386-391
- Therapeutic acupuncture: a selective review.South. Med. J. 1977; 70: 974-977
- The curative effect and mechanisms of action of the acupoints pishu and weishu.Trad. Chin. Med. 1986; 6: 249-252
- Acupuncture for the treatment of pain: a view of evaluative research.Pain. 1986; 24: 15-40
D.L. Ewins, L. Vileikyte, J. Borg-Costanzi, A. Carrington, A.J.M. Boulton, Acupuncture: a novel tratment for painful diabetic neuropathy. In: N. Hotta, D.A. Greene, J.D. Ward et al. (Eds.), Diabetic Neuropathy: New Concepts and Insights, Excerpta Medica/Amsterdam, 1995, pp. 405–408.
- A multicentre study of the prevalence of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in the United Kingdom hospital clinic population.Diabetologia. 1993; 36: 150-154
- Graphic representation of pain.Pain. 1976; 2: 175-185
- The treatment of peripheral polyneuritis by electroacupuncture.Am. J. Acupunct. 1981; 9: 303-309
J. O'Connor, D. Bensky, Acupuncture: a comprehensive text. Shanghai College of Traditional Medicine, Eastland Press, Chicago IL, 1981.
B. Pomeranz, Scientific basis of acupuncture. In: G. Stux, B. Pomeranze (Eds.) Basics of Acupuncture. London: Springer-Verlag, 1991, 4–55.
- Acupuncture therapy.NY St. J. Med. 1976; 76: 695-697
- Effects of desipramine, amitriptyline, and fluoxetine on pain in diabetic neuropathy.N. Engl. J. Med. 1992; 326: 1250-1256
- Concept of true and perceived placebo effects.Br. Med. J. 1995; 311: 551-553
- On the evaluation of the clinical effects of acupuncture.Pain. 1983; 16: 111-127
C. Kornetsky, Pharmacology: Drugs Affecting Behavior. New York, John Wiley and Sons, 1976, pp. 22–24.
- The powerful placebo.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 1955; 159: 1602-1606
- The evaluation of therapeutic acupuncture: concepts and methods.Pain. 1986; 24: 1-14